• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash attack Follow-ups

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
That was so siiicckk.
Thanks I am wondering when the hell I'll stop " surprising" myself and start actually utilizing the abundant collective of zss knowledge I have consistently so I stop losing troll MU's zzz.

Last edited:

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
Thanks I am wondering when the hell I'll stop " surprising" myself and start actually utilizing the abundant collective of zss knowledge I have consistently so I stop losing troll MU's zzz.
Omg same. There're a lot of things I know about her, but I still get destroyed by projectile camp. Oh well, what can ya do?

Kesno

Smash Cadet
I was thinking about this recently actually. Not that we use DA for practical follow ups, but we use the soft hit of DA to do follow ups.
Pros
1. Less ending lag since you have to hit with the hitbox at the last few seconds of its lasting duration.
2. Has very weak knock back so decent follow ups are possible even at mid %'s.
3. People more than likely are forced to always DI in front of you, so cross up can not happen.
4. Has a good read potential. Example: Soft DA at low % they air dodge easy Dsmash.
Cons
1. It's Dash Attack.
2. It is a usual huge overcommitment.
3. It can be shield grabbed as soon as it hits shield.
4. You are using the last few frames of a move that already has more frames than you have hairs on your head. Therefore it can be easy to react to.
In short I feel that it is a good option with potential, but just like the rest of her moves you really have to know when to commit with things. So using it to tech chase could be an option and such.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I was thinking about this recently actually. Not that we use DA for practical follow ups, but we use the soft hit of DA to do follow ups.
Pros
1. Less ending lag since you have to hit with the hitbox at the last few seconds of its lasting duration.
2. Has very weak knock back so decent follow ups are possible even at mid %'s.
3. People more than likely are forced to always DI in front of you, so cross up can not happen.
4. Has a good read potential. Example: Soft DA at low % they air dodge easy Dsmash.
Cons
1. It's Dash Attack.
2. It is a usual huge overcommitment.
3. It can be shield grabbed as soon as it hits shield.
4. You are using the last few frames of a move that already has more frames than you have hairs on your head. Therefore it can be easy to react to.
In short I feel that it is a good option with potential, but just like the rest of her moves you really have to know when to commit with things. So using it to tech chase could be an option and such.
Yeah that's one of the reason I use it but I generally like dash attacking people it's good if they are landing or if they are bad and keep rolling.

Fun fact if you land a full charged laser on someone infront of you , you can combo with buffered downsmash -> dash attack or forward smash

Omg same. There're a lot of things I know about her, but I still get destroyed by projectile camp. Oh well, what can ya do?

I can stop being a scrub and get better or just start doing maximum scumbag status and get a lead then stay away for the duration of the match and pick them apart when they g3 frustrated That i PS everything.

Last edited:

Raisin

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4971-3853-0253
Yeah that's one of the reason I use it but I generally like dash attacking people it's good if they are landing or if they are bad and keep rolling.

Fun fact if you land a full charged laser on someone infront of you , you can combo with buffered downsmash -> dash attack or forward smash

I can stop being a scrub and get better or just start doing maximum scumbag status and get a lead then stay away for the duration of the match and pick them apart when they g3 frustrated That i PS everything.
I've had to do that a couple times in tournament. I felt like trash at first, but then I realized it had to be done if I wanted to get the big "W".

Top Bottom