• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkatma's Zelda Vids (3/30)

darkatma

Smash Hero
New Zelda Vids, see if i improved a lil from last time :p

Atma(zelda) vs Julian(ganon)R1
Round 2 wasn't captured because it was never finished, but ganon was pwning me by a stock :p

Atma(Zelda) vs Zfreak(Fox) DL
I liked that match. I even used the AtmaWeapon theme song for it :p

Atma(Zelda) vs Velox(Fox) FD round1

Atma(Zelda) vs Velox(Fox) PS round 2

More on the way, some better than others :p

The highlight of the smashfest was actually me vs Zfreak sheik vs peach sets, in which each match boiled down to the last stock 100+ percent nearly every single time for 9 games :p Haven't captured it yet. Oh well, zelda matches ftw

I still have a falco and marth match (vs zelda)

DaBearX

Smash Journeyman
Good vids. I like watching talented zelda players. You seem to have much better mobility than me for sure, and I dont remember that so much being the case as much before so ima guess you've improved. keep it up.

PS good music choice on the zfreak match

EDIT: Rewatching a bit more carefully :p I would have liked to see a bit better DI in the ganon match. Also I notice, you dont seem to get waveshined a lot... this is one of my biggest problems against fox really. How do you get around it? Or is it that your opponents dont use the tactic often? is it something about your playstlye that doesnt leave you open to waveshine situations?

darkatma

Smash Hero
Good vids. I like watching talented zelda players. You seem to have much better mobility than me for sure, and I dont remember that so much being the case as much before so ima guess you've improved. keep it up.

PS good music choice on the zfreak match

EDIT: Rewatching a bit more carefully :p I would have liked to see a bit better DI in the ganon match. Also I notice, you dont seem to get waveshined a lot... this is one of my biggest problems against fox really. How do you get around it? Or is it that your opponents dont use the tactic often? is it something about your playstlye that doesnt leave you open to waveshine situations?

Yea i've improved slightly. Still working on it

and yea you're right, my DI for the ganon match, particularly my stock 3, was crap >< Terrible DI on the ganon's fairs and bairs. I'll DI correctly next time :p

As for the waveshines, i don't think there's much to get out of one, except for alternating DI away and crouch cancel, but what i try to do is avoid the shine hitbox. It means playing more defensive and moving around more. I have more trouble with the drillshines as opposed to the waveshines. if you're moving, then you should be able to dsmash, fair, bair, or jab outside of the shine range. (Since most of zelda's moves hit slightly away from her body, space your moves correctly ftw :p (granted, a good enough fox will still be able to catch you, but at least that's what i try)

i_like_food

Smash Rookie
Hey, is it just me or did my Ganon only hit you with like four attacks in that match?

darkatma

Smash Hero
Haha sure... i guess, except i can't travel much ><
I can, however, critique your zelda later. I watched the vids, and it seems that both you and your opponent have a few blank spots in your knowledge of zelda. For example, that you can't DI at ALL after zelda's upB. Also knowledge of sweetspotting, etc :p

i'll post in your thread lata >< Still sick today. Rawr

Top Bottom