• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Pit or Pittoo?

Which do you prefer?

• Total voters

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
After seeing so much KI: Uprising stuff in Smash (shut up, there is a lot), I decided to finally play it. In game, Dark Pit is sometimes referred to as "Pittoo." In fact, Pit and Palutena almost exclusively call him that. This conflicts a little with Palutena calling him Dark Pit in her introduction video. Do you think his name in Smash Bros should have been "Dark Pit" or "Pittoo"?

Spirst

Seeing as how he hates the nickname, he should be called Pittoo as punishment for his inclusion in this game it makes sense to call him Dark Pit instead.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
He should be called... Xtip, Ptix, Ixpt, Xipt, or Xpit.

For those that don't get the reference.

ObsidianFH

Smash Rookie
Well, he himself would rather be called Dark Pit, so I figure that's his actual name. Remember, Pittoo is merely a nickname.

Ganonthegreat

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ganonthegreat
3DS FC
3780-9005-2627
I usually call him Pittoo personally. I find the name more unique, and it rolls off the tongue better.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
"How about Pitooey? Clever name, right? Riiiiiiight?"
"....umm anyway"

-Pit, 2012

Aside from how great the acting in Uprising was, I'm probably gonna have to go with Dark Pit. I'm somewhat used to Pitoo, but DP sounds cooler for this anti-hero.

Last edited:

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
"How about Pitooey? Clever name, right? Riiiiiiight?"
"....umm anyway"

-Pit, 2012

Aside from how great the acting in Uprising was, I'm probably gonna have to go with Dark Pit. I'm somewhat used to Pitoo, but DP sounds cooler for this anti-hero.
I thought it was "Not as good as Pittooey, right? Riiight?", but they're similar enough.

Xcano

Smash Lord
NNID
Xcano128
3DS FC
4511-1143-2506
Pittoo because it sounds kooooooooooky

Red Scarf

Smash Rookie
Why not Ditch? I mean a pit is a hole in the ground and a ditch is hole in the ground. Also he has a tendency to leave you at the worst moments...

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I like to use Pittoo when referring to him. To me, it makes him sounds a bit more of his "own person" as opposed to being just another side of Pit (which obviously he is).

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Y'know, I wonder if the next Kid Icarus will play around with Dark Pit's identity or rather, just his name. It'll be Axel and Lea all over again.

Pit: "Pittoo!"
Pittoo: "It's... Icarus. Kid Icarus."
Pit: "Pittoo! I need help!"
Kid Icarus: ...

Hades: "You again! Oh, what was your blasted name? Pit Two? Pitooey? No matter, I'll crush you, dark Pit!"
Kid Icarus: "It's - Whatever, let's get it on, Hades!"
*Pit arrives* Pit: "Hey, Pittoo! Need some help?"
Kid Icarus: ... *angry face* "I HATE THIS WORLD!!!"
*New ability unlocked: Edge State.*

Kid Icarus: Angst & Our Beloved Dark Pit. Coming 2017. :p

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'll use Dark Pit in formal contexts. Pittoo in idle conversation.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Seeing as how he hates the nickname, he should be called Pittoo as punishment for his inclusion in this game it makes sense to call him Dark Pit instead.
Yes, because being added to the game is totally the character's fault. Genius logic, huh.

Anyways, his name is Dark Pit, his nickname is Pittoo. Unless he hated his name for some reason, there is no reason to call him anything other than Dark Pit.

Spirst

Yes, because being added to the game is totally the character's fault. Genius logic, huh.

Anyways, his name is Dark Pit, his nickname is Pittoo. Unless he hated his name for some reason, there is no reason to call him anything other than Dark Pit.
It's only "genius logic" if you actually take it seriously and don't see the joke for what it is: a joke.

Kinda surprised the results are so close.

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Pittoo. It's funny and rolls off the tongue.

However, since he is officially named Dark Pit and is in Smash Bros, I'm probably going to have a change of heart soon.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I suppose Dark Pit is the name they have to call him, it is the one Uprising refers to him as after all.

...That is, until Nintendo make Hades announcer dlc, using the names "Pitty Pat, Pretty Palutena, Pittoo" on KI character's :troll:

Morian

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0860-4377-2975
Pittoo sounds bad in my language (Pito in spanish means pen**). So I prefer Dark Pit.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I would to say Pitto but it feels like I would have to force it.

I'm sticking with Dark Pit. :p

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
Palutena called Dark Pit by his actual name, Dark Pit in the trailer for a simple reason. That's his real name. People who don't know Dark Pit would be confused if he said Pittoo there. Pittoo's just a jokey nickname anyway, and he obviously hates it.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
I suppose Dark Pit is the name they have to call him, it is the one Uprising refers to him as after all.

...That is, until Nintendo make Hades announcer dlc, using the names "Pitty Pat, Pretty Palutena, Pittoo" on KI character's :troll:
10/10 would buy.

I prefer Pittoo after playing Uprising just recently. I'm gonna call him that. :awesome:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I usually like referring to him as Pittoo, but nobody seems to get it unless they played the game..so, I guess for the sake of people who wouldn't know that it was a joke between Palutena and Pit, they went with Dark Pit.

I would have liked it in Pit had dialogue with Dark Pit though, maybe different taunts or something when they go against eachother in a match. Same animations, but different lines like "You can do better than that, Pittoo!" or something like that.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
"Pittoo" sounds a bit too childish in my opinion so I'll just stick to his actual name.

Besides, like Morian said, it's a bad language word in Spanish, which means...well...men's private part.

FinalArcadia

Smash Cadet
NNID
FinalArcadia
Pittoo feels really awkward to say, so I'm going with Dark Pit. As someone who didn't play Uprising, the first time I saw Pittoo being used to describe Dark Pit, I was confused for a sec and have gotten used to Dark Pit instead.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Dark Pit sounds better, Pitto sounds weird (and hilarious if you know spanish)

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
I always felt Pittoo was more fitting for him, especially in the later parts of the game.

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
His canon name shoulda been Pitstain.:nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty::nifty:

It's like Pittoo, but less embarrassing. Plus, it sounds like Pit "stained" with coal-black all around. One more thing: "You know I could call you the same thing, right?"

To that extent, Dark Pit (Or Pitstain, whichever works) will do.

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
Dark Pit is his name, but as some said, "Why not both"?

woo 100th post

Xerneas

Smash Cadet
Pittoo is a cute nickname in Uprising because the other characters call him that mostly just because they know he hates it, but in this game where there isn't the same kind of banter going on Pittoo just wouldn't sound right imo

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Both are okay but none of them are as good as Ptooey.

Top Bottom