• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark.Pch and Bum present: Imperial Era 5 ~August 6th~

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Me and bum teaming up again with Imperial Era 5 on the 6th of August. Same rules and all that as last time. Vote on the poll as usual for what you want in terms of venue fee and entry.

veiw the second post for there a minor changes this time around.

955 E 163rd St Apt 5J
Bronx, Ny

Singles: TBA
Teams: 10 (5 a person)

You can take the 2 and 5 train to intervale ave, get out the side of westchester. Get out the stairs. walk to the corner, then make a left on the corner walk to the next corner. When you reach that corner make a left on till you reach Kelly. Cross the street and you will see a building with balconies which is the building.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rules:

Brawl Rule Set:
All matches must be played using the following rule set:
1.General:
■Three (3) stock.
■Eight (8) minute time limit.
■All items off.
■If time runs out during a match, Sudden Death will never be played. Use the following rules instead:
■If one player has more stock remaining than the other, the victor will be the player with the most stock.
■If the stock count is tied, then the player with the lowest damage percent wins the round.
■If Sudden Death is forced by one player using a "suicide" move (Kirby/Dedede Swallow, Ganondorf Flame Choke, Bowser Bomb, Wario Bite, etc.), then whoever initiated the suicide move wins the game.
■If both the percent and stock are tied at the end of a match, a one (1) stock, two (2) minute match will be played. This match must be played on the same level as the game prior and with the same characters. Whoever wins this 1-stock playoff wins the game.
■Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
■Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
■Stalling is banned. Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. No player must grab the ledge more than 40 times in a game, with the exception of a player using the Ice Climbers, for whom the limit is raised to 60 ledge grabs. If, and only if, the timer runs out and either player has exceeded the total ledge grabs, they lose the game, regardless of stocks and percents. If both players exceed the ledge-grab limit, then the usual time-out rules will apply.

2.The first match of a game must be played on a Neutral Stage:
■Battlefield
■Final Destination
Lylat
■Smashville
■Yoshi's Island

3.Stage striking will be used to select the first stage. The lower ranked player will strike first, choosing a stage from the neutrals list to remove from consideration for the first round. The higher ranked player chooses two stages to remove from consideration for the first round. The lower ranked player then eliminates one of the two remaining stages from consideration, and the first round is played on the last remaining stage.

4.The loser of the first game will then ask the winner to ban a stage. They must do so, or their counterpick is invalidated.The loser may then choose a stage for the second round. This process is repeated for game 3, if necessary.

5.When choosing a stage, you may pick any Neutral stage, or any of the counter pick stages listed:
■Battleship Halberd
■Brinstar
■Castle Siege
■Delfino Plaza
■Frigate Orpheon
■Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
■Pictochat
■Rainbow Cruise

6.Any map may be played as long as BOTH players agree to it.

7.You may NOT pick a stage that you have already won on for your counter-pick unless your opponent agrees.

■If the winning player fails to announce their change in character exit out of that game immediately.
■The game will still be played on the same stage.
■The winner from the previous is now locked into their character.
■The loser from the previous match may now reselect their character.
■King Dedede must dash before re-grabbing an opponent after a down-throw, unless the situation would allow King Dedede to regrab his opponent because of a facet of the stage, as in the case of a wall infinite.
■Infinite grabs (aside from the earlier mentioned situation with King Dedede), jab locks, laser locks, suicides, wall infinites, etc. are not banned. Do not dispute a match that you lost to the above tactics.

New rule addition:
* If the loser chosses a stage at random, He can not switch character. Guess I'll call this "character lock"

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
New rule added to the series:

~ Character lock~ if you lose a match, you can have the select stage on random. If you do this, Your opponent can NOT switch characters.

Also vote on the poll as to what people want on allis brawl. There is 2 polls this time. One is the usual price for the tourny and the next one is should rainbow should be banned.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12276

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Why does the character lock rule still exist? -_-
No one really uses that rule. And I find it to be an interesting rule to use so I added it.

And random pick is a netrual stage. Loser picks random, winner can not switch character.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Word I am deff coming to this, but hey Drk. Peach we have never gotten a chance to actually friendly or play. I dunno you usually never really respond to me when I say anything and Im not making any drama or anything but would you wanna get some friendly's in or some MM's??

HarpKing

Smash Rookie
hey, im a Smash vet, but i havent played in a whle, something in my area is nice to have, i think ill be coming to this, i need to practice!!

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Good 2 cee new faces. Hope to come. 2-0'ing sage if i fight him in bracket, letting yall know that rite now

:phone:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Word I am deff coming to this, but hey Drk. Peach we have never gotten a chance to actually friendly or play. I dunno you usually never really respond to me when I say anything and Im not making any drama or anything but would you wanna get some friendly's in or some MM's??
I'm not sure I know who you are or if we ever spoke for that matter. But people tend to know me and if they wanna play, they just ask and I play them no problem.

hey, im a Smash vet, but i havent played in a whle, something in my area is nice to have, i think ill be coming to this, i need to practice!!
I am in manhattan. So if you wanna train, we can play.

Good 2 cee new faces. Hope to come. 2-0'ing sage if i fight him in bracket, letting yall know that rite now

My man *****mar about to expose sage.

Also, I changed the date to something sooner. Aug,6. A week before Ktars big tourny. So I ask you guys to come on out and make this big. Get some good training in to get ready for KTAR. Most of NYC Best will be coming out to this. So lets make this bigger then the rest.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I can def bring a wii + brawl ez. But i need some sort of fan in the back of my wii since the 1 inside broke. If i could get like a mini fan then i'd def bring mines

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
we will mostly need game disk. that what bum really lacks. We have the wiis and TV's. So don't waste your time bringing wiis and TV's

Dekillsage

Smash Lord
"You can take the 2 and 5 train to intervale ave, get out the side of westchester. Get out the stairs. walk to the corner, then make a left on the corner walk to the next corner. When you reach that corner make a left on till you reach Kelly. Cross the street and you will see a building with balconies which is the building"

CoonTail

Smash Lord
I hope I'm included in the 18 because I will deff be here.....also is Jash confirmed yet because I need a rematch or a MM against him after LIRR :)

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Well my car is currently broken down and I need a ride :/ My crew might either be working or not wanting to go so idk... Unless someone outside my crew wants to give me a ride. >.> Any takers?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I hope I'm included in the 18 because I will deff be here.....also is Jash confirmed yet because I need a rematch or a MM against him after LIRR :)
He said he might.

As of now we have 21 people confirmed This is looking like a good tourn out. The more the better. Me and Bum can hold like 40 people. Lots of space and set ups. And remember, we also feed you guys. So you guys don't need to leave to buy food. You can't go wrong with this. So spread the word so we can get a good attendance. This would also be good trying for KTAR6.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Word well Drk. Peach get his *** to go because it doesn't look like this is gonna be flooded with MK -_-

And I deff can take you raptor since I dont need to bring setup's or anything so lemme know if you down and could throw a couple bucks for gas!!

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
dark peach, you should try running this tourney with 2 stocks, it'd be a help to the community testing stuff out to make the game HYPE! again

Roller

Smash Legend
You're in BlueZ's crew aren't you? Get that ***** to come.
dark peach, you should try running this tourney with 2 stocks, it'd be a help to the community testing stuff out to make the game HYPE! again
^ I would be a strong proponent of this. The idea has been getting mad hype all over the community post-EVO as a way to make games more entertaining.

2 stocks, 6 min, 2/3. Faster games, harder to time out.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Hey D.Pch, you should try banning rainbow cruise for this one :0

@Roller: I belive they wanted 5 minutes though

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
doing 2 stocks really does not need to happen. We can test things with regular game play. My tournys run smooth and quick.

Also, I am striking out rainbow cruise as an experiment. Each time I do a tourny, I will add something different to test out.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
Yea drk. peach please don't implement the 2 stock BS they are trying to impose.

HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT HYPE ISNT ABOUT A RULESET IT'S CREATED FROM PLAYERS GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEADS. EVO WAS HYPE BECAUSE PEOPLE CARED ABOUT THE GAMES THEY WERE PLAYING.

jeez man no one seems to understand that the community actually has to like and care about the game ESPECIALLY BIG NAME PLAYERS, who are amoung some of the biggest culprits when it comes down to lack of hype. I wish people would realize the community is the one killing hype not the ruleset.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Can you deny that less time spend playing unHYPE! matches=less lack of HYPE!

Can you deny that its more exciting to watch a match when every single read or mistake makes more of a difference?

Top Bottom