• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DanGR Pit vid thread(couple newer ones)

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Umm.. I'm gonna upload some more videos later, but this is the only one I got uploaded of me and Pit right now, so bare with me. I've got some more friendlies of me v Zelda/Sheik that are going to come up later.

I would like y'all to critique my play, but don't point out every mistake I made. Just the recurring themes in my style that just didn't work time and time again. Maybe some tips on how to do something a little more efficiently would be nice. I was a little rusty cuz I was using some other characters for Pops'(Axle) thread.(including sonic, GRRR!! too FAST!!) I know I need to work on my aim, but I think that'll come with more experience. I'm rather new to Pit, and have come thus far from about two weeks with him.

And without any further adieu:

DanGR(Pit) v Popsofctown(Zelda)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paybfbBMfO4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL-sV4LGfqo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKFIzYw8LpM
(pretty much my worst fight ever)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQYNHPvNiFI

DanGR(Pit) v Popsofctown(Sheik) *New*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=727tua9y3SU

~Thanks~

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I made some silly errors that cost me, but hey, what do ya expect?

Edit:Second vid up. I'm wondering what happened at 2:09 in the second vid. I used my recovery, got hit, hit Zelda, then recovered again. :ohwell:

KuroX

Smash Rookie
I would say, for someone just starting out, you have the right idea. Pit's a character that mainly relies on spacing and speed. You know how to use the arrows, but need to learn when. Try using them as an approach towards your opponent. If you close the distance on them with a long range attack, it frazzles them and they're more prone to mess up.

Also, get a little more familiar with Pit's air game. You can KO people in the matter of seconds if you spring up on them quickly with aerials. Once you have that under control, you can take control of any match.

Overall, nice usage of Pit's finer points. I look forward to seeing more of your playing. Keep up the good work. ^___^b

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
DO NOT TOUCH MY TOWEL! LOL

Well I wasn't very impressed by the Zelda but the way you fought made me feel as though you were much better then the Zelda made you look. And every arrow shot right after the one before it was reflected by Zelda should be shot straight to get to her faster. You got the gist of it very well though.

Oh and yeah, during the initial startup of your WoI it has different physics. You can do it a second time if hit out of this time-frame.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Edit:Second vid up. I'm wondering what happened at 2:09 in the second vid. I used my recovery, got hit, hit Zelda, then recovered again. :ohwell:
The very beginning of pits recovery is a bit odd. If you get hit on it you can still use it again no problem. That's why you see some pit players tap the woi just before grabbing the edge (the wind push screws with the opponents spacing and thers no real risk).

You use arrows a lot more heavily then I do but thats just difference in style. I saw under mention something about the three styles of pits (although he didn't go into detail although it'd make an interesting thread) and I'd say you have arrow oriented one. You may consider learning arrow looping and try incorporating that into some of your gameplay you can see good use of that in some of sagemoon's vids. Also it looked like you used your up b way to readily. It's a last resort and after you use it you want to touch the ground as fast and quickly as possible.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I was actually going to write a SWF blog entry on the subject if you guys don't mind waiting. ^_^ The three styles of Pit I mean.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I would say, for someone just starting out, you have the right idea. Pit's a character that mainly relies on spacing and speed. You know how to use the arrows, but need to learn when. Try using them as an approach towards your opponent. If you close the distance on them with a long range attack, it frazzles them and they're more prone to mess up.

Also, get a little more familiar with Pit's air game. You can KO people in the matter of seconds if you spring up on them quickly with aerials. Once you have that under control, you can take control of any match.

Overall, nice usage of Pit's finer points. I look forward to seeing more of your playing. Keep up the good work. ^___^b
I guess most of this comes with experience. I'm trying not to use the arrows when Zelda gets too close, but I can't help it sometimes.(pikmin habit. GRR) I'll be sure to try to fit in some of the stuff you said. I'm not really sure exactly when not and when to use the arrows. Could anyone explain this to me in a brief sentence or somethin please?

Well I wasn't very impressed by the Zelda but the way you fought made me feel as though you were much better then the Zelda made you look. And every arrow shot right after the one before it was reflected by Zelda should be shot straight to get to her faster. You got the gist of it very well though.
I'll try that out.

The very beginning of pits recovery is a bit odd. If you get hit on it you can still use it again no problem. That's why you see some pit players tap the woi just before grabbing the edge (the wind push screws with the opponents spacing and thers no real risk).

You use arrows a lot more heavily then I do but thats just difference in style. I saw under mention something about the three styles of pits (although he didn't go into detail although it'd make an interesting thread) and I'd say you have arrow oriented one. You may consider learning arrow looping and try incorporating that into some of your gameplay you can see good use of that in some of sagemoon's vids. Also it looked like you used your up b way to readily. It's a last resort and after you use it you want to touch the ground as fast and quickly as possible.
I've seen arrow looping and have experimented with it, but I don't really see the point in learning it right now, b/c I'm still learning the basics. Maybe later on you'll see me throw in one or two, but not right now. I'm still a nub. :) I'll get better with using upb at the right time also.

Thanks everyone!

Top Bottom