• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dangerous New Opponent - TigerBlade!?

TigerBlade

Smash Rookie
Seeing that is my first post on the Smash Community, I thought I'd start it off with a bang! Hands down I am the best Roy main in Dallas, Texas and I challenge each and every Roy within the region to prove my dominance. Yes...I'm new to the Smash Forums...and fully understand how this may seem rather bold for a supposed "nub", yet I've simply taken this year to slowly adapt to my peers, and am now ready to visually demonstrate my ability. Definitely expect video post to follow suit within the week!

P.S. I'll start off by challenging RagnaRok! Your first buddy! :chuckle:

darkoblivion12

Smash Lord
You're very bold for saying such things. I am in no way denying this statement, but you should at least give us something to go on other than your word.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
TigerBlade. Hahahaha. What a joke.

Seriously though, he isn't talking out of his ***, this guy is very good. He came into the scene not even a year ago but he can beat some of Dallas' best already. He beat Wobbles the first time he played him (Ganondorf vs ICs but still thats quite an unexpected feat).

Not quite Sethlon level but he can consistently combo every character simply cause he is so **** fast.

I'll get some friendlies up on YouTube soon.

rhan

Smash Hero
TigerBlade. Hahahaha. What a joke.

Seriously though, he isn't talking out of his ***, this guy is very good. He came into the scene not even a year ago but he can beat some of Dallas' best already. He beat Wobbles the first time he played him (Ganondorf vs ICs but still thats quite an unexpected feat).

Not quite Sethlon level but he can consistently combo every character simply cause he is so **** fast.

I'll get some friendlies up on YouTube soon.
I don't go by word of mouf. I'll like to see these videos then I'll possibly eat my words. :)

If you're ever in NC I'll be glad to take Roy out quicker than Sakurai did.

:grin:
This was so good!

I love you!

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
oh ****, im off the boards for a week and some "nub" thinks he can kill everyone? good luck at hobo17 tigerblade. sethlon exploits all the stages in his favor. i got immensely better myself from half the summer, but i need more skittles.

looking forward for ur vids tigerblade

SeanxFayt

Smash Cadet
NNID
xKintoUn
Switch FC
SW-5031-3151-4071
If you're ever in NC I'll be glad to take Roy out quicker than Sakurai did.
niiice lmfao

and you beat some of the best in tx? vids or it didn't happen. :x i just started usin' roy too.. could use the practice.. you definitely need to come to NC

TigerBlade

Smash Rookie
Well...I come with both good and bad news. Good news is that tomorrow (if runningbrave brings the recorder) I can finally post some videos of my amazing Roy. Of which, for your enjoyment will include matches with Sethlon!

Bad news is: The future of Roy as a legitimate character is shaky! I played a couple rounds with Sethlon not even an hour ago to learn that he's dropped Roy (*cry*) for Falco (*cries harder*)! And hasn't played Roy in over a month! This is a great disappointment, seeing as that I progressed so far with this low-tier character in hopes of meeting like-minded others. I fear this may discourage much of any further progress into Roy. Unless, in some unlikely chance there is another Roy main of Sethlon or I's caliber...

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Well...I come with both good and bad news. Good news is that tomorrow (if runningbrave brings the recorder) I can finally post some videos of my amazing Roy. Of which, for your enjoyment will include matches with Sethlon!

Bad news is: The future of Roy as a legitimate character is shaky! I played a couple rounds with Sethlon not even an hour ago to learn that he's dropped Roy (*cry*) for Falco (*cries harder*)! And hasn't played Roy in over a month! This is a great disappointment, seeing as that I progressed so far with this low-tier character in hopes of meeting like-minded others. I fear this may discourage much of any further progress into Roy. Unless, in some unlikely chance there is another Roy main of Sethlon or I's caliber...
Don't lose faith in Roy. I know a lot of people were down playing you because they haven't seen any matches yet, but you realize that if your skill is at least close to where you're placing it, you could really make a name for yourself. Look at Dr Peepee, for instance. He was completely unknown a year ago. But he had a love for the game and for Falco and now most smashers will recognize him as a top 10 Falco.

Sure, he uses mostly high/top tiers, but the same effect can be produced with any character if you're diligent and committed enough.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Do you mean Melee Falco? because I asked Sethlon not too long ago if he played Falco at all, and he said only in Brawl.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
dont give up hope tigerblade. better roys will arive. just be patient.

i know i **** sure aint quitting roy. even though i do use a top tier seriously. not as seriously as roy though.

TigerBlade

Smash Rookie
I suppose there is some hope...anyway again no one brought a recorder to our Smashfest yesterday, but I will be at Final Smash 7. If anyone wants a firsthand experience you should come.

P.S. I played Sethlon yesterday and he is definitely a Falco main in Melee.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
I"ll challenge you!!! In 2 years once the brawl **** that i have on has completely gotten cleaned off.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
i guess it was bound to happen. w.e. though, sethlon played falco in brawl and got hooked. whatcha gonna do.

i would like to play u tigerblade, but i doubt ur coming to the east coast anytime soon lol.
ur kind of too arrogant haha jk.

TigerBlade

Smash Rookie
I"ll challenge you!!! In 2 years once the brawl **** that i have on has completely gotten cleaned off.
i guess it was bound to happen. w.e. though, sethlon played falco in brawl and got hooked. whatcha gonna do.

i would like to play u tigerblade, but i doubt ur coming to the east coast anytime soon lol.
ur kind of too arrogant haha jk.
If I am ever in the area I'll definitely accept both of your challenges. But as of now here are the results of Final Smash 7:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8008967#post8008967

Not a smashing success...but also not bad for my first real tournament. I lost to Rayzorium and Caveman, but beat many good players along the way (with our boy Roy)! What I found most noteworthy though was the manner in which onlookers were entertained by my assortment of low-tier characters. Not a bad feeling at all... :laugh:

ike_love

Smash Apprentice
Whoa! You did very well Eric. Oh and by the way sorry about the long spurts of absences on the boards. I was wanting to come to FS, but I see that you repped Dallas Roy to the fullest. The only thing that I'm not sure about is this whole best Roy in Dallas... I guess we'll have to play very soon and settle this boastful claim! For real though PM your boy if you want to play this week I live real close to the college, so whenever's cool.

TigerBlade

Smash Rookie
9th, impressive.
i see "low-tier characters" is pluralized. if i might ask, what other low tiers do you use?
In terms of low-tier I use Bowser, Young Link. Though good they're actually more for entertainment. Roy is the only low-tier I'd dare to use in a tournament.

Whoa! You did very well Eric. Oh and by the way sorry about the long spurts of absences on the boards. I was wanting to come to FS, but I see that you repped Dallas Roy to the fullest. The only thing that I'm not sure about is this whole best Roy in Dallas... I guess we'll have to play very soon and settle this boastful claim! For real though PM your boy if you want to play this week I live real close to the college, so whenever's cool.
Think nothing of it. It's natural to be skeptical of someone's arrogance. I expected as much, and was prepared to showcase my talent with Roy...especially in the presence of other Roy mains. We definitely must make arrangements to play this weekend.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
Heeey, exarch, whats up man how've you been?
Quite good. Still play some, but there's not much a point to visiting the Roy forums very often (or really any of the character specifics much anymore.) Unless you're picking up a new character entirely.

So most of the time I idle in the ATL south forum. I am the American Idle.

How are you and TX?

Top Bottom