• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dancing with the Star

Claire Redfield

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lara_Redfield
Hi there! I really like Rosalina and Luma and, alongside Zero Suit Samus, really want to master the game with her. I like her look, style and fighting style, and her up taunt is just so cuuuute. So I want to get really good with her.

While I've done pretty well in practice (hard to give up the speed and mobility of ZSS, though Rosa isn't necessarily slow), I want to step it up. So, veterans, please share some tips with me. Let's start with the basics, build a foundation and add advanced techniques and strategies on top of it. Ever since really learning USFIV from the ground up, like spacing, timing, the fighting game fundamentals apply to most every fighting game.

What's the best place to start?

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
Glad to have you aboard! The best place to start is the Guide Section. There are currently two guides to playing RosaLuma and they both offer some great insight to how she plays. If you ever have any questions about the weird quirks, just ask!

4Leaf

Smash Rookie
Hi there! I really like Rosalina and Luma and, alongside Zero Suit Samus, really want to master the game with her. I like her look, style and fighting style, and her up taunt is just so cuuuute. So I want to get really good with her.

While I've done pretty well in practice (hard to give up the speed and mobility of ZSS, though Rosa isn't necessarily slow), I want to step it up. So, veterans, please share some tips with me. Let's start with the basics, build a foundation and add advanced techniques and strategies on top of it. Ever since really learning USFIV from the ground up, like spacing, timing, the fighting game fundamentals apply to most every fighting game.

What's the best place to start?
I feel almost exactly the same as you, even the part about Z-suit. I came into the game with the intention of using Z-suit as my main, but then just fell in love with Rosa. She's so whimsical and happy and calming to play as. :D Her playstyle was also so different and really suited me quite well.

I'm kind of a scrub! So sorry I can't offer a bit more in the way of advice. Maybe we can learn together? ^^

Top Bottom