• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dancing Blade in Neutral

ChrisWithAk

Smash Cadet
I was wondering if there are any viable options for Marth's side B in neutral. It seems like you could use the first two parts of the Dancing Blade as they come out pretty fast and feels like if you get the >^ version that it would pop them up and you can set up utilt juggling to uairs, or it could set up fairs into the ken combo.

Just wanted your guys thoughts on usage here. I have also been labbing it with interesting results that make me think Im not as on point as I should be.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Dancing blade has pretty noticeable cooldown for an option in neutral and lose very hard to CC and well timed OOS options.

Ken has probably far and away the most interesting uses for side-B as Marth, it just seems unfortunate it's not the most reliable of moves. He makes a lot of creative use on its hitbox distortions and generally uses it's really quick startup as one of the mixups to cover his aerial landing lag.

Puphmaster

Smash Rookie
Whenever I try to use the dancing blade I always get punished pretty hard I don't know how ken does it, but i suppose if you can use it without risk of punish it appears to be a pretty good option it pops them up and can lead into some sick combos but yet again if they crouch cancel or anything to avoid you are wide open to a strong punish.

ᴠanilla

Smash Rookie
I see PPMD open up more floaty characters like Peach with the first hit of dancing blade and finish them off with up-tilt at high percents. As for utilizing multiple phases of it in neutral, I'd say that you shouldn't expect much success versus the top tiers because they can beat you out of shield or just dash dance outside of the range until you've stopped. You can even dash in and out between the last few hits. I'd recommend focusing more on the d-tilt/grab/fair options for neutral and only use dancing blade as a mix-up.

ChrisWithAk

Smash Cadet
Yeah I was only thinking the first two parts specifically > then ^ to get them in the air as a mixup from dtilt.

Top Bottom