• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dance Dance Revolution/ In The Groove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shök

Smash Champion
Does anyone play one or both of these games?

I've been playing DDR for like 2 months or so, but I plan on playing more ITG.

So any big accomplisments or tips to become a better DDR/ITG player

~rh

Smash Lord
I've been playing didder for 4 years now. Started on Max home, then I moved out to playing in arcades and such. I can AA almost all 8 footers, and I'm working on that same accomplishment with 9's. Just don't have the time to be heading out to arcades to do that nowadays... plus with all of the SN machines popping up, I'm losing interest.

I just started playing ITG last May. I'm only decent though, the best I can do right now is getting a double star in Summer Speedy. Out of both franchises I'd prefer ITG solely because of the interface, harder songs, and more catchy tunes. Oh and R21, lol.

Tips... hmm... play with ALL of your foot [meaning don't keep your heel in the air when your stepping] and don't lift your feet entirely in the air [like you're jumping] between every step. You'll get really tired like that. To raise stamina for the more harder songs, I've found that daily bike riding helps a lot.

Shök

Smash Champion
Well im a solid 8 footer.

What im working is my stamina.

I need to not get so tired.

Also, I have the home bad.

The bad plastic one.

I need to go to the arcade and play on the good pads.

I want to start getting In The Groove.

I do think that ITG is better.

So any big accomplishments?

~rh

Smash Lord
Not really ahah.

I got an A in Paranoia Survivor Oni recently, AA in TMP.

I've gotten an A on TOM and Max 300 a few months ago. I'm working on one for Fascination Maxx now whenever I have free time.

Uhh my highest score for Summer speedy is 96.32. That was when Summer was all I played, lol. Now I can only get around 85.xx... 89.xx if I'm lucky. =[

Dodongo

rly likes smoke
BRoomer
I just got the Wii DDR a few days ago and have spent the last couple of days getting hammered and making a fool out of myself on it.

Shök

Smash Champion
To Ryu: Nice.

Well I have heard some bad things about DDR for the Wii, and I dont know if I should get it.

So Ryu have you tried Paranoia Survivor Max?

What the hardest song you have sompleted.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I met a girl at University of Maryland College Park orientation who was really good at In the Groove...I personally don't play much, but I do have DDR and Stepmania installed on my computer.
...Playing in arcades sounds a little costly :lick:

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Video game discussion belongs in the Light House, be sure to do a search in there and you'll find some big ol' DDR topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom