• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DAMMIT NETPLAY!

DerpyDayha

Smash Cadet
So I'm having some problems, I guess. They kinda suck.

So for just a little backstory: I am 14 and therefore, I live with my parents. They don't always have time to take me to tournaments so I can't get much practice that way. Also, none of my friends play melee competitively. So I have no way of practicing anything but tech skill.

That's what I thought until I discovered melee netplay! I got dolphin working, hopped on smashladder, and started playing. It was great, I was instantly getting better as my neutral improved. There was lag, and if someone was just too far away, they'd complain about my ping and quit. That was okay. But after a while, I found out version 5886 had less lag, so I got it. Gat was when it got bad. Almost no one on smashladder would play me because it lagged too much. It was a bit more of a gradual process than this, but when I got 5886 that was the turning point from bearable lag to completely unbearable lag. I asked people what to do. They told me to check all sorts of settings, and nothing was wrong there. I have the required stuff in my computer to make melee work at least good enough if not better. Now no one knows what to tell me. I got back 652, but it didn't inprove anything.

So, smash community, what is my problem, and how do I fix it? Feel free to ask about any settings that would help u to figure it out. Thx guys!

Y-L

Smash Champion
Turn the buffer up to 100 next time you lag. If it stops lagging, then it's your Internet. If it doesn't, then it's your computer.

Top Bottom