• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dairs namely falco's

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
ive been having this problem for a long time and i cant seem to figure out why. im having trouble teching falco's dairs and i mean alot of trouble. my friends and i are constantly playing 99 stock trying to ledge tech falco's dairs and we just cant seem to get it. i read up on teching and whatnot and it said the green thing had to come out when you hit the wall to tech and the problem we have is the green thing never shows up. we try teching early, late, just right and DI's of all sorts and we just CANT TECH IT. we set all of these up with 1 falco on the edge and one firebirds up and is shffled a dair. can anyone tell us what were doing wrong?

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
the green thing had to come out when you hit the wall to tech and the problem we have is the green thing never shows
That green thing means you have hit the wall.
If those green sparks don't show up, you can't walltech. That can happen because you are too far from the ledge at the time you get spiked.
You must be closer to the ledge, so when you get spiked, you'll hit the wall and then you can tech from it

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
this is a funky topic because honestly, i see it a lot playing ness

only one of my friends can do it well, and he says that teching off of a spike has to happen in only a few frames...

you basically have to have the reaction speed of a cobra....sometimes it seems just simpler to meteor cancel if you have to

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
you basically have to have the reaction speed of a cobra....sometimes it seems just simpler to meteor cancel if you have to
Not at all. I walltech like 85% of the time, you just have to get the timing right. It becomes much easier after you understand the timing.

quak

Smash Champion
Not at all. I walltech like 85% of the time, you just have to get the timing right. It becomes much easier after you understand the timing.
i believe that might be a bit of an exaggeration... many times you don't have the oppertunity to ledgetech. Also, it's not as much of a timing thing, as a prediction thing; well for me anyway.

it's a last ditch effort thing, since they're is no reason not to tech it, and there's a chance you could live, it's obviously worth doing.

To maximize you chances of ledge teching, Smash DI into the stage, then tech. Sometimes a ASDI will be sufficient though.

If you don't understand the jargon i just said, search for "DI guide." you'll learn something for sure.

Understand that with falco's and marth's spike, this will be the only way to survive it. Anyone else's meteor smash you can get out of by either meteor cancelling, or by ledgeteching. Meteor cancelling can be done anywhere, where as ledgeteching can only happen if you hit the wall.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Understand that with falco's and marth's spike, this will be the only way to survive it. Anyone else's meteor smash you can get out of by either meteor cancelling, or by ledgeteching. Meteor cancelling can be done anywhere, where as ledgeteching can only happen if you hit the wall.
meteor canceling is for noobs anyway, you can edgetech from almost anywhere (it just might require more SDI's...)

Klowne

Smash Journeyman
If there are attacks you can't tech with just L/R, then hit L/R as you're rising from your recovery move, then flick the control stick towards the wall at the very moment you're hit. This will cause you to smash DI towards the wall and your character will be in a position to tech properly (which he will do automatically, making it seem like you teched with the control stick, heh). You can also hold the C stick in the direction of the wall after pressing L/R (with no timing requirement), and it will do the same thing, just a little less effective.

Pretty much what quak said. I'd also suggest looking for that DI guide, it explains everything in detail.

Grand Mango

Smash Journeyman
Try going to Falco's BtT stage and the other side of the burners, then start forward B-ing into the burners and practicing wall teching there (I think it helps you with your timing, but when you are doing that stuff you really should hit R/L each time you think you are about to get hit coming back to the ledge).

tshahi10

Smash Ace
Not true you can just hit L and it works and L plus x or y to wall jump tech
i think you tap up to wall jump tech

and some moves cant be tech actually , like falco's dair at certain percents.
that might be diff for the wall, but whatev

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
You can tech any move at any percentage as long as you hit the wall. If you smash DI into the wall in addition to ASDI you can always tech. At certain percents you may HAVE to input smash DIs and those are the hardest part to time.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
You can tech any move at any percentage as long as you hit the wall. If you smash DI into the wall in addition to ASDI you can always tech. At certain percents you may HAVE to input smash DIs and those are the hardest part to time.
most people dont have the brains to do that, and you will have to expect to get hit to do it correctly. you cannot di some jabs, phantoms or fox lasers. you cannot di some moves on the wall even if you smash di in addition to asdi, or doublestick di. sometimes it matters the percentage, and no im not talking about falco shine/dairs on fox

Top Bottom