• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

dair then a really fast

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
i was stomping the shiz outta some one, and i dunno quite what happened but as soon as i landed this one stomp, i l canceled and hit A, and the punch came out so friggen fast, like, there was no landing animation. nonewhatsoever.

i guess im asking if this can be done regularly. whenever i cancel i've never seen a punch come out that fast. anyone notice this?

Magus420

Smash Master
It autocancelled. You get the same landing animation as when you just jump and land without attacking if you land after certain parts of aerials. You don't need to l-cancel when you do.

If you fulljump a d/f-air or shorthop a b/u/n-air and don't fastfall it autocancels, as does if you SH b/u-air to doublejump d/f/b/u/n-air w/out FFing or fulljump d/f/n-air to doublejump d/f/b/u/n-air.

Basically, if a shorthop's distance is 'A', fulljump is 'B', and mid-air jump is also about 'B' (tho actually slightly less):

B/U-air require at least 'A' for autocancelling and 'A' for jumping out of
F/D-air require at least 'B' for autocancelling and 'B' for jumping out of
N-air requires at least 'A' for autocancelling and 'B' for jumping out of

ChumpMoney

Smash Lord
intersting :) thnks magus, urs always a helpful guy
would you think autocancelling is better than shffling sometimes? it was pretty cool stompin that guy and then hittin him again without having to chase his *** around the stage :)

UchihaDemon

Smash Cadet
there are different qualities of l-cancels. if u actually did l-cancel instead of auto cancel like magus said, then u probably just l-canceled perfectly. yes, u can do it regularly, its all practice

Top Bottom