• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair Spike - % Limits

Vlade

Social Outcast
Hey All

I've been testing out falco's spike with dair and decided to make a list. Basically this list is the tolerance of all the characters against falco's deadly dair.

Example:

Character - % Limit (This is the lowest the percentage the character can be spiked)

I tested this out on Final Destination. Basically we went up the edge, got falco to short hop and spike at the peak of his short hop. The other character still had one jump left and, of course, their recovery move (if any). I used UpB for all the characters so far. As soon as my falco spiked, my friend tried to use his second jump and then recovery move, although I know in real game situations half the time your opponent won't be pressing the jump button immediately after you spike (as in, like, 5 frames afterwards or something like that). The list at the moment is incomplete but I will finish it when my friend and I have the time.

Bowser -

Capt. Falcon -

Charizard - 108%

Diddy Kong - 124%

Donkey Kong -

Falco -

Fox - 112%

Game and Watch - 116%

Ganondorf -

ice Climbers -

Ike - 90%

Ivysaur - 213% (no idea why)

Jigglypuff - 105%

King DeDeDe -

Kirby - 110%

Link -

Lucario -

Lucas - 126%

Luigi -

Mario - 94%

Marth - 106%

Meta Knight -

Ness - 136%

Olimar -

Peach -

Pikachu - 115%

Pit - 123%

ROB - 150%

samus -

sheik -

Snake -

Sonic - 131%

Toon Link -

Wario -

Wolf - 60% (may have to re-test)

Yoshi - 140%

Zelda

ZSS -

Please give me any ideas on how to make the testing better, etc. Please let me know of your thoughts, tell me if you think it was a complete waste of my time, or if its a good post :)

Cheers

waks

Smash Journeyman
Ivysaur's like that probably because of his quite long tether recovery.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah that's why I haven't tested those optional recoverers yet :p
I'll probably have to have 2 different percentages for those characters.

waks: I've also realised that ivy falls much slower than most other characters, but perhaps I'm wrong

Basically this is a general guide to let you guys know the optimum dmg percentage so that you can be certain they won't make it back after you dair spike them.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I'll start testing them out again tomorrow, perhaps there will be a few more oddballs.
Probably won't finish the list tomorrow coz it takes over an hour to do what I've dont so far.

Also, do you guys think the Wolf result is accurate? I'm not sure, wolf is a fastfaller but I might not have made sure 60% is the lowest - there's a chance he could make it back up.

Hybrid222

Smash Cadet
I think wolfs may be pretty accurate. I would guess him and Fox would spike at pretty low percent as they wear shoes with bricks in them.

Top Bottom