• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Daemon X Machina’s Outer - Evaluation of Inclusion in Progress

Results of Inclusion Evaluation

• Positive

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Negative

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GolisoPower

Smash Master
1537108533888.jpeg

(Sorry, couldn’t find character art of the default Outer.)

Who is this guy?:
This guy is an Outer, a man who pilots a giant robot known as an Arsenal. He hails from Daemon X Machina, a Mech-action game from Senran Kagura developer Marvelous! Studios. In it, you pilot giant robots and fight rampant A.I. that threaten the planet and its people, said A.I.’s piloting giant robots themselves.

Why should he be in Smash?:
For one, Daemon X Machina is a brand new franchise made exclusively for the Switch. It’s got a real charm to it, and a Mech character would be arguably pretty awesome for Smash Bros! Technically, Elma could fit that role, but mechs aren’t accessible in Xenoblade X until much later, and even then, it would be part of her Final Smash, most likely.

How would he play?:
I imagine him to be similar to Overwatch’s cute little gremli-I mean gamer-turned-heroine D.Va: you mainly play inside the Mech, but take enough damage and the pilot can run around free and at danger until another mech returns. Unlike D.Va, though, I feel as if the Outer can exit an Arsenal at will, just like in the game. But as for actual playstyle, I imagine the default Arsenal to play like a rushdown/grappler Hybrid considering its size. The Arsenal would be even bigger than Ridley (about 50% bigger), but have an equivalent to stamina before it is destroyed. The hapless Outer is then susceptible to KO until the Arsenal returns.

What does he have going against him?:
Well...he’s too new. Just like Eudiel and Xethia of Dragalia Lost, The Outer isn’t even out yet. Also, there might be some Smash fans that might have flashbacks because this guy is basically Sci-Fire Emblem, which is understandable considering he was design by the same guy. Another thing to point out is that at the moment, he’s a blank slate. We have yet to see him display any sort of personality to him (Although Miis, Villager and Inkling exists in the game).

So what do you think? Base game, that goes without saying, but what about post-release? Would you like to see the Outer in Smash?

ButterGeek

Smash Apprentice
I really want Outer in the game, DxM looks great and needs promotion. Being 50% bigger than Ridley is realistic to DxM, but just wouldn’t work in Smash. I think Outer should be on Foot in smash, with his aimable FS being the Arsenal (the mech).

Top Bottom