• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DACUS Help...

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
In the vanilla version of brawl i was able to DACUS like a boss... but i recently picked up P:M to play with a friend of mine and I've been suddenly stricken with a hard time here pulling it off... I mean I have pulled it off a few time.. but its very inconsistent...if at all possible could i get a few pointers on how to perform the awesome move again... maybe a video help or something.

metroid1117

Smash Master
DACUS'ing in PM is harder than in Brawl; it generally takes more practice to get the hang of DACUS'ing. C-stick down -> up+Z still works for some characters, but C-stick down -> up+A (clawed) works for all characters. How are you inputting your DACUS?

Oracle

Smash Master
if you're setting a trigger to attack, then its probably because r and l work differently than in brawl. You have to move the trigger roughly halfway down to make an input, as opposed to any pressure whatsoever in brawl

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
On the contrary, Brawl's triggers were digital, meaning they required a full press to register. If this is the problem (@OP), try holding your DACUSing trigger in while plugging your controller into the Wii. This should let you perform DACUS with the muscle memory you have from Brawl.

tripp6313

Smash Apprentice
I have altered my keys to have a trigger with the A button.. Now I'm using the wii classic controller so its kinda helping a bit... so basically I'm going to need to imput it at the begining instead of half way through?

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
DACUS'ing in PM is harder than in Brawl; it generally takes more practice to get the hang of DACUS'ing. C-stick down -> up+Z still works for some characters, but C-stick down -> up+A (clawed) works for all characters. How are you inputting your DACUS?
Thank you so much. The up a works but it put your hand in an awkward positiom

Top Bottom