• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DACUS and MK

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
So there is an easier way to do sheiks dacus then the dash down c up+z.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pz8IhV9sYto

now many of you have probably known this, but i found that setting r or L to attack, and substituting R for the z in the dacus input is much easier. in just about 20 mins i was dac'ing back and forth across fd. its not hard at all with a little practice.

also for those that dont know sheik can grab release>dacus mk for an automatic tipper. kills around 85% w/ di.

on an mk side note, sheik can rack up some nasty damage on mk with her ftilt lock. when mk is locked in and he di's to about sheiks shoulders but is still caught in the lock, jab him to reset it for a couple more ftilts, then jab>charged needles >ftilt>utilt. you can get mk from about 20% to almost 70%. this isnt a sure thing but it seems to work. then you can needle camp, till 85% and we know what happens next...
oh remember pick fd vs mk

sheik users, lets step it up. sheik has tons of potential lets do this thing

Tristan_win

Not dead.
What's this a thread spewing sheik pride and it's coupled with useful info!?

Oh, also meta knight has troubles getting around the chain from the front and above.

It can cut though his whoreo even after multiple B presses and it can out range his side B. His whole vanish trick doesn't work at all as you can hit him before he get's in range and before his attack comes out.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
What's this a thread spewing sheik pride and it's coupled with useful info!?
QUOTE]

ridiculous isnt it?
anyways, once we figure out this grab release stuff, sheik may just be an mk counter.
Well we already figured it all out and did it a long time ago, also your advise doesn't sound pretty solid. I do like how put a video up of how to dacus but I highly doubt it's any easier then the claw.

Other then that though I really like the upbeat last sentence ^-^

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i have gotten better at DACUS actually now, probably get about half my kills with it

i'm all for Sheik pride, i think she is often underestimated or ppl just think Zelda is better

as for vs MK i think her vanish upB can be useful if timed well

EDIT: so apparently Sheik is a little higher in Japan tier list...i think she could go up on ours

Tristan_win

Not dead.
i have gotten better at DACUS actually now, probably get about half my kills with it

i'm all for Sheik pride, i think she is often underestimated or ppl just think Zelda is better

as for vs MK i think her vanish upB can be useful if timed well

EDIT: so apparently Sheik is a little higher in Japan tier list...i think she could go up on ours
All I have to say to that is

Sheik/Zelda for high tier!

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
Another Edit, lmao - Fk, its Dash > R > Analog Stick up + A. Feels wierd. Still no workey. But this gives me ideas..

Mayb I jus phail.

Edit - Tbh, Ive been resetting Ftilt locks wit jabs on every1 lately. Thought my opppenents jus sucked, didnt think it really worked so well. But yeh.. nice lil trick I suppose.

Edit # 3 - Ok, jus realized u have yur fingers on both R and A. Ill try again. Soz 4 posting in the 1st place, lmao, its like Im talking 2 myself. Ill edit again if it works.. brb.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
DACUS is amazing if you actually have a guaranteed setup for it, such as the grab release on Meta (it always double hits though, reducing vertical KO potential).

Anywhere else though, the DACUS is a risk which can be punished if it fails to hit. I've been able to DACUS after blocking DACUS...

Top Bottom