• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D3 help! How do I kill?

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
This may sound stupid but how do I kill as D3?
My opponent air dodges his bair, punishes my dsmash and usmash, predicts my utilts and I don't even have to tell you about the fsmash and Gordo.

qwertyman

Smash Apprentice
lolvids or it didnt hapen

*cough*

If your opponent has learned how to counter everything you do, then learn how to counter his counters. If something has worked for him in the past (airdodging at a certain time, for example), then figure out when that time is and punish him when he tries it again.
It's hard to explain, I suppose, but you've got to predict what he's going to do, where he's going to be, etc.
If you know his weak spots, then beating him should become a good bit easier.

Hope I helped!

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
D3 is a killer when it comes to mindgames. Chain grab to the ledge and F-smash, that gets people, you can also stage spike with bair

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Pressure him the waddles, side step an attack and then BAM, DownSmash.

Also what Lite. said. It's very true.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You shouldn't really rely on Dedede's smash attacks way too much to KO. The u-tilt is faster and is just as nasty as that u-smash.

Also, while the f-smash does make fast KOs through the sweetspot, it's way too slow and too easy to avoid. Don't try using it for anything except edge-guards.

Although the Jet Hammer lacks good range, it may also be good for edge-guards since you can jump to hit the foe if he's trying to jump over you. Just remember that it's useless if the foe grabs any ledges.

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
mindgames... mindgames... mindgames...

You have to play your opponent. Maybe next time dont bair, but draw out the airdodge, then bair him after that.

Always be thinking what your opponent is going to do and play accordingly. My favorite matches in smash are always when me and my opponent are predicting each other really well and its crazy intense.

Saiya

Smash Cadet
Sounds like the person you're playing with knows you well enough to predict what you're gonna do. In that case, try to be a little less predictable. Take your time when trying to land a hit; don't just rush in. Sometimes you gotta let them come to you. Also, DDD's grab is one of his best strong points. Throw one in whenever you can to interrupt combos. And don't forget to chain grab to rack up damage! Just make sure you don't do it TOO often. Not only is it annoying to other players (lol) but it can also get predictable. Also, try to get your opponent off-stage. That's where DDD works his magic, heh.
All in all, try to get a feel for your opponent so that you can predict their moves too!

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
If he counters your b-airs, then hesitate with them. Predict the air dodge, follow em, and when the air dodge animation is over, kick em.

Top Bottom