• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-Tilt Tips

HAGGS

Smash Apprentice
I have a problem, whenever I try to D-Tilt lock someone, I always end up doing an extra d-tilt after the trip. This lets my opponent stand back up and it fails. Any tips to help me notice trips quicker?

Secondly, how many d-tilts should be attempted without success before moving on?

Chuee

Smash Hero
You just have to be able to react quick enough when the dtilt trips.
GR --> dtilt is a easy way to get a trip.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
I have a problem, whenever I try to D-Tilt lock someone, I always end up doing an extra d-tilt after the trip. This lets my opponent stand back up and it fails. Any tips to help me notice trips quicker?

Secondly, how many d-tilts should be attempted without success before moving on?
Welllllllll... The term lock is usually used [in this game at least] when you lock the opponent on the ground after they bounce. You can't trip an opponent and lock them. you have to knock them down and when they bounce use dtilt. There are three ways to do this:

Dair -> dtilt lock
Fair -> dtilt lock.
Bair spike on stage-> dtilt lock

They are in order from easiest to hardest. Dair being the easiest and Bair being the hardest.
Fair is percentage and character based. Dair works in the higher percentages. (90%) You only need to hit them with the spiking hit, (4th) when they're off the ground. Bair is difficult. they have to be at a certain percentage. Not too high, but not too low (60ish). You also have to be around the height of you FH, so you'll autocancel on landing.

Yaaaa. practice it. It'll come natural. The only one that works frequently is Dair. All setups are techable, subsequently ending your chance to be able to lock.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I thought the title was a typo. "Dtilt Trips".

You could always just Fsmash thanks to forced getup.

Top Bottom