• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

d tilt not so useless

hhliveson

Smash Cadet
some people hold the idea that the d-tilt is a useless move for doc, but after playing with it i find it to be kinda useful actually. first, it can be good from a mindgames point of view. most of doc's attacks knock the opponent forward, so to pull them in could throw off their teching. second, it can be used as a kill at higher percentages. just hit someone off the stage and then edgeguard with bair. and last but not least. it can be used as a setup for the shbawd.

azianraven

Smash Journeyman
im sry to say it hhliveson as i am a rly hardcore doc player that doc's dtilt just flat out sucks. although it can setup for som combos mayb to a dsmash, there are just so many better moves on doc than his dtilt. using a horrible move of a character will not give it ne great use. ur better off just using the dsmash or his aerials than his dtilt. try not to use the dtilt at all. it has horrible range, not much knockback, and is slow.

DrGrimReaper

Smash Apprentice
It's not slow. It comes out faster than a dsmash (simply because you can tilt faster than smashing).

Also, it works great in kombos such as: jab-jab-dtilt & ledge-wavedashing back onto stage to dtilt your opponent behind you (and subsequently off stage) setting Doc up for edge-guarding.

It's only as horrible as azian says it is, if you try to walk up to someone and dtilt, which would be ********.

hhliveson

Smash Cadet
as long as it can be used as some sort of setup, then it does have a use. its not the type of move you can abuse like the downsmash, but what it allows you to do is what makes it not such a bad move. i think its a highly underrated move simply because people dont find themselves using it too much when they could.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I'll just post what I said in a different thread :grin:

I'd just like to say that I find the dtilt to be very useful. Of course it's not one of my most common moves but I always find good times to use it. Since it knocks them behind you, you can face away from the edge and dtilt them off the stage for a bair edgeguard. You just have to be a little sneaky. Many times with dtilt I've managed to stagespike someone who was about to grab the edge. But of course there may be better options, and watch out because it can be teched if they see it coming. It's kind of a last-ditch move to pull off in that situation.
This move is great at higher percentages. Unless your opponent is extremely familiar with Doc's dtilt, they'll probably be thinking "WTF" when you hit them with this.

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
I love using dtilt into bair! The approach is weird but it might be good if your opponent is expecting something else and might be DIing a certain way. Also, if your opponent's shield is wearing down it could work, though a grab might be better. Just something to keep him/her guessing. I haven't thought it through too much but there's a lot of possibilities.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
space the dtilt against a drill happy Fox for an easy KO when they are past 80% or so. Not to mention you can use it as a CCC pretty effectively.

FalseFalco

Smash Master
Its an interesting move to use when you're forced to an edge. Kind of like an extremely weak Samus downsmash.

Definate style points.

Der Wasserhahn

Smash Rookie

Pekkle

Smash Rookie
Dtilt at edge facing into stage = pro
Although, I'd rather use dsmash over dtilt since they're both the same speed, and dsmash has greater knockback and range. And I find it hard to do tilts -_-;
Dtilt is useful if you need to catch people completely off guard - sets up shbawd too :D

Khaine

Smash Journeyman
aswell as setting up for SHBAWL, or SHFFL Bairs, or whatever, it also sets up for cheap kills near the edge.

i.e: Dtilt > drop off Bair/Moneyshot > edgehog (if required).

mid-high percent, of course o.o

-x-

Top Bottom