• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D tilt follow up?

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
Hey guys. Whats your favorite follow up after a low % down tilt?

I mean lowwww %. like.. too low to nair or fair... what yo do you?

lately I been just going up tilt spam -> nair. but it seems i could do better. any ideas?

also does everyone ASC it? I seen quite a few ppl ASC dtilts right away and I havent gotten use to that yet

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
Hm, If the Dtilt popped the opponent in the air even slightly, I would attempt to start a juggle and deal ~40% damage.

So, lets see. I would first ASC the Downtilt AFAP if and only if the opponent is out of reach of an upsmash. If the opponent is out of reach, then i would ASC downtilt and go for an uptilt as soon as I could, and then ASC the uptilt.

The reason I suggest asc'ing the uptilt and not going straight to the u-smash is because this gives you a chance to follow your opponent's DI, like if they DI'd behind you you can dash into an upsmash.

Then I would go for an up smash and ASC the upsmash on the first hit.

At this point, i would either Dash attack or Up tilt into an ASC depending on the height.

If they are really high up, i'd prly go for a down air into side B.

HOWEVER, if the DTILT was sour spotted and the opponent crouch canceled, it, I would cancel into double team to get the **** out b4 i get rekt.

Last edited:

HK_Spadez

(@'o')=@ t('o't)
mm.. so right now at low % i typically

heavies:
D tilt -> Up tilt -> Jab -> Grab

Floaties
D tilt -> Up tilt X2 -> Nair

your suggestion is:
D tilt -> ASC -> Up tilt -> asc -> up smash

does this work on most of the cast?

AkashSky

Smash Apprentice
mm.. so right now at low % i typically

heavies:
D tilt -> Up tilt -> Jab -> Grab

Floaties
D tilt -> Up tilt X2 -> Nair

your suggestion is:
D tilt -> ASC -> Up tilt -> asc -> up smash

does this work on most of the cast?
D tilt -> ASC -> Up tilt -> asc -> up smash -> jump cancel (third) -> anything you can land.

While the Dtilt and Uptilt KB will range, the upsmash will work on what I think is the entire cast, because its knock back scaling is really small. You can knockback people at 70% about the same distance if they are at 0% with a first hit canceled upsmash.

So at high % go for a kill move, at low % go for a juggle combo. Pretend to be roy.

Kami~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kamicario
Question about a successful dtilt that puts them in the air. Why do you need to ASC if the dtilt knocks them in the air and you have plenty of time to follow up either way with any attack. I've dtilted people before and didn't need to ASC to do an easy followup attack after. Just wonderinggg

Top Bottom