• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-tilt coverage with Luma?

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
In training mode, I was trying to cancel Jab with crouch by holding the control stick at a certain angle downward and I found out something interesting concerning Luma. If you hold down and in the opposite direction you're facing slightly, Luma will perform D-tilt in the opposite direction as well. This doesn't work if Luma is away from Rosalina via Luma Shot, however.

This could mean that Rosalina can cover both sides of her with her own forward-facing hitbox with Luma's backward-facing hitbox, potentially covering Rosalina's hurtbox. Despite that, it seems too impractical to use in gameplay, especially since down smash can kind of perform the same role. Then again, using D-tilt like this could be used as a faster psuedo-down smash. I'm not too sure.

This is simply something I discovered by accident, so the hidden potential behind this is beyond me.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
D-smash is only 1 frame slower than D-tilt and it seems like pushing down, then holding back slightly, then pressing A takes a quite a bit longer than just pushing the C-stick down, so in reality D-smash would likely be a quicker option. Not to mention D-smash is much stronger and can kill. If you find a use for this, post it here though.

@ Kaishin Kaishin
Is that a joke?

Kaishin

Smash Apprentice
No. If someone tries to run forward, shield, and then roll behind, dtilt will catch them.

It's not generally that simple but nothing involving using Rosalina's neutral to keep opponents out ever is.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
@ Kaishin Kaishin
Is D-smash not a better option? In reality it's quicker than this D-tilt thing (Does it have a name? If not we should name this tech.)
I just don't see why you would prefer this over D-smash.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
You can down smash, sure, but the time between the d-smash's first and second hits are several frames apart. The d-tilt I'm describing can cover d-smash with little to no frames in between Rosa's and Luma's hits.

Planty

Smash Ace
NNID
something
@ Chez G. Chez G.
If you recall, Rosalina hits in front first and Luma hits in back first, then vice-versa. Both sides are always covered. This tech (Can we name it?) just seems unnecessary.

Chez G.

Yay...
NNID
toomanygames64
@ Chez G. Chez G.
If you recall, Rosalina hits in front first and Luma hits in back first, then vice-versa. Both sides are always covered. This tech (Can we name it?) just seems unnecessary.
That's true too. At the end of the day though, I just found this through an accident.

Top Bottom