• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-throw Uair name

StarStorm Tloc

Smash Rookie
Hello lucas fam this is my first ever post so if i messed please dont haze me. So diddy gets the hoo-ha. Dk gets Ding-dong. And even ROB gets the beep-boop. So what should our universal combo be called. And dont say dead mom cause thats sad.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
....what? that was incredibly random.
anyway, Hinawa didn't necessarily get eaten by the Drago. In fact, there's evidence against it, since Bronson tells Flint that he found the fang buried in Hinawa's heart. That implies her body was intact - i.e. she wasn't eaten.

also, spoiler warning.

Last edited:

MrWhYYZ

Smash Journeyman
....what? that was incredibly random.
anyway, Hinawa didn't necessarily get eaten by the Drago. In fact, there's evidence against it, since Bronson tells Flint that he found the fang buried in Hinawa's heart. That implies her body was intact - i.e. she wasn't eaten.

also, spoiler warning.
So, chewed up mom? She wasn't "eaten" eaten, but no one gets a fang in their heart without being inside a mouth. I never understood that in the story, how tough was she? Or do Dragos have horrible teeth?

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
well that's one of the details that the game intentionally leaves out but because of the nature of what happened to the Drago I'd assume that attacking Hinawa was not for food. I think it was also mentioned that they were herbivores as well.

maybe Hinawa was attacked in such a way that she wasn't torn apart or horribly disfigured? there's also the matter of the fang actually coming out so maybe she was pinned against a cliff?

A Polar Bear

Smash Apprentice
Deliberately-pierced-through-the-heart-with-a-Drago-fang-but-not-horribly-chewed-up-or-disfigured Mom!

Has a nice ring to it, think it'll catch on?

MrStardustRicon

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrStardustRicon
I'm fine with just down throw up air, there's uniqueness in being the only ordinary one. However I've commonly heard it referred to as "PK Hoo Ha" before.

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
I've always just called it down-throw up-air, but it would be nice to have a special name for it. Some ideas: The P-K, the Bon-ey, the Drag-o, and the No-where. Tried to find some enemy names that might fit, but most of them are too ridiculous or too long; as to be expected from a Mother game.

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
There doesn't need to be a name for it. Down throw into up air is fine as is this isn't an anime where all attacks and or combos need names.

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
There doesn't need to be a name for it. Down throw into up air is fine as is this isn't an anime where all attacks and or combos need names.
Well they were trying to come up with a name that could rival, "Hoo-Ha" or "Beep Boop"

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
Well they were trying to come up with a name that could rival, "Hoo-Ha" or "Beep Boop"
I feel like I may really be the only one who hates the whole ding dong beep boop lets have everyone make a name for their up air confirm.

Piipp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZebraJammiez
3DS FC
2681-1864-8125
I feel like I may really be the only one who hates the whole ding dong beep boop lets have everyone make a name for their up air confirm.
Well it's better than just saying the bland Dthrow Uair all the time. Only like 3 characters have names for their Dthrow Uair confirms
lol

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
You're completely entitled to not referring to any down-throw up-air differently, that's perfectly okay. But having a different name for each character's combo gives them a bit of personality and diversity. At least that's how I observe it

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
Why don't we just call it Hinawa I mean it's a gift from his mother after all (think I'm gonna go cry now)

Last edited:

BornABrawler

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PokePK66
3DS FC
5284-1425-9696
Why don't we just call it Hinawa I mean it's a gift from his mother after all (think I'm gonna go cry now)
That could work, but it doesn't quite roll of the tongue. The best choice would be a singular word with two syllables or a two word phrase. I'm completely in love with "Tonda Gossa"; suggested by S sadfaps . And to be honest I know I shouldn't be taking it this seriously, but it's kinda fun to discuss. :p

3DS FC
2595-4014-1734
That could work, but it doesn't quite roll of the tongue. The best choice would be a singular word with two syllables or a two word phrase. I'm completely in love with "Tonda Gossa"; suggested by S sadfaps . And to be honest I know I shouldn't be taking it this seriously, but it's kinda fun to discuss. :p
Wait what does that mean again I'm a scrub

T-Rektz

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3093-7547-5105
What about the Mom-Ma?
Otherwise I vote for Loo-Ha

beany

Smash Rookie
I dig "Loo-hah." It has a nice ring, isn't cumbersome, and better yet it references back to the "hoo hah" that everyone knows the inputs for. Since the inputs are the same, I think deviating too far from the formula is either trying too hard or too esoteric for non-Lucas players to understand. PK Hoo Hah would be, to me, kinda cumbersome and doesn't pack the brevity that Lu Hah has.

Last edited:

Berni_Alt

Smash Apprentice
I dig "Loo-hah." It has a nice ring, isn't cumbersome, and better yet it references back to the "hoo hah" that everyone knows the inputs for. Since the inputs are the same, I think deviating too far from the formula is either trying too hard or too esoteric for non-Lucas players to understand. PK Hoo Hah would be, to me, kinda cumbersome and doesn't pack the brevity that Lu Hah has.
nice picture is from pokemon right.

DJBor

Smash Journeyman
I've heard "Lu-Ha" and "PK Hoohah", but never "Tonda Gossa". Frankly, the Tonda Gossa is too perfect. But due to the somewhat lacking Lucas popularity, there's no way a universally accepted name will catch on quickly.
After all, it took a long time for Meta Knight's infamous OHKO to be solidified as the "Stairway to Heaven".

Berni_Alt

Smash Apprentice
I've heard "Lu-Ha" and "PK Hoohah", but never "Tonda Gossa". Frankly, the Tonda Gossa is too perfect. But due to the somewhat lacking Lucas popularity, there's no way a universally accepted name will catch on quickly.
After all, it took a long time for Meta Knight's infamous OHKO to be solidified as the "Stairway to Heaven".
was it not called Roofioh

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
The Lucas discord calls it the Pk Hoo-hah, so we can just leave it as that.

Top Bottom