• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-throw to F-air has follow ups?

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
Before I start this, there's three things I would like to say before I start this post, none of these combos are guaranteed, I haven't had enough time to test these on people yet. This is my first thread, so any criticism is appreciated, and I have neither the Wii U version or a capture card, my only way of providing evidence is through crappy 3ds quality... sorry guys.

So yesterday, I was Labbing on my bus yesterday, I noticed that d-throw to f-air has very little knockback at 0%.

And I tested this and found these three combos:

First is d-throw to F-air to Nair
Right after the F-air, fast fall to the ground and immediately do a rising Nair, if you did this right, it should carry your opponent upward and this should do approximately 21%

Second is d-throw to F-air to Upsmash
Same with the first one, you have to fast-fall to the ground immediately, and then dash in the direction of your opponent, and upsmash, if done correctly, it should do approximately 26%

And lastly, if you combine the two, you get D-throw to F-air to N-air to Up-smash,
After doing D-throw to Fair to Nair, dash to your opponent while airborne and upsmash, altogether, this should do approximately 35%

So, what do you think about these combos? I'll probably edit this post later after I test these out on real players, I haven't had too much time to play on Anther's lately because of school, but I'll have plenty of time over the weekend.

Last edited:

Zio~

The Underdog
NNID
Fabri1794
3DS FC
3711-9383-8936
Uh, I could use this for some mixups, does it give you enough time to regrab after the fair?

Mr. ShinyUmbreon

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0576-7060-3860
yes they're fixed! thanks.

but the focus isn't on point (#.#)
Ahhh.... my camera sucks, that was the best quality I could get it in...
Uh, I could use this for some mixups, does it give you enough time to regrab after the fair?
You mean, like a chain grab? I'll have to look into that, maybe if you drag people down with n-air, you can regrab them, not sure though, take that with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
Top Bottom