• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

d-throw against g&w

Velox

Smash Ace
... doesn't work.

for some reason i've never noticed this till now and i bet some others haven't

also if you're quick enough you can double jump b-air immediately after a short hopped b-air

reverse d-smash is the hardest basic technique ever

neutral 'b' has almost no lag at all, and everyone should use it more for that simple reason and more

double jumping through enemy moves and then n-airing is probably the single best character-specific technique Yoshi has going for him, yet I see people rarely do this... I use it constantly.

rmusgrave

BRoomer
BRoomer
I still maintain that SH b-air DJ up-air is a better combo starter than anything else Yoshi has, especially against hard to combo characters like a teching low % Fox.

DJCC is amazing. That doesn't mean that you have to center your strategy around it. Anyone can realise what you're doing and just aim slow powerful aerials instead. If you get the opportunity then go for it though, it is amazing.

Game&Watch has that property with a lot of character's down throws. Characters like Mario could just chain throw him into oblivion if it wasn't for it. The main reason that most people don't know is that you rarely see a G&W and it's even more rare that you grab a G&W with Yoshi.

*Can't think of any more info to add* Quick but informative, I liked that post Velox. Pity there's no real discussion to it.

Top Bottom