• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(D)Pit's Utilt ~ Uses & Info, In Depth

Did this inform you or help you with anything on utilt or Pit in general?

• yes sir, good job

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Nah m8, ur bad

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

Red Pittoo ~ Rekt

Smash Apprentice
<~~ Intro ~~>
Hello fellow angels! I'm MonesterBoyAP, I want to talk about the variety of uses for (Dark) Pit's Up Tilt! I thought this move was bad for SOOO long, but now I have learned it's on par with our other moves (meaning it's great in my opinion). That being said, I feel it's highly underrated. I want to go over the good and the bad. Please, if you feel I missed something or if you think of something else, feel free to share in the replies to start a discussion! Thanks, and with that said, let's get into it!
===
<~~ General ~~>
Our utilt has three very huge and useful hitboxes: One in the front, a catching hitbox, and a launching hitbox. These are shown here: https://zippy.gfycat.com/QuickGivingBlackcrappie.webm
It being a multi hit move already gives it a good rep. It comes out very fast (frame 6) with extremely little endlag (27 frames of endlag with three hitboxes before it). With this low endlag, it is unpunishable when used on an opponent located on a platform. Utilt struggles to be safely used on a grounded opponent due to the last two hitboxes being meant for above.
===
<~~ Platform Pressure ~~>
Utilt is EXTREMELY safe when used on an opponent on an opponent on a platform: If shielded, we have enough time to throw out another option to punish a drop shield; If spotdodged, we have time to hit them or the shield that comes out afterwards. If you expect a shield drop, you should go for a nair, sh up air, utilt, or an Up Smash possibly for the stock. Nair and utilt are safe on a platform shield, not sure on uair, and up smash is kinda hard to punish but is not safe. Choose your option sparingly. You can utilt away from them as a bait and get an up smash on your opponent seeking to punish you. This is the most effective use for Up Tilt due to it being extremely safe. It further excels our immaculate platform game.
===
<~~ Juggles ~~>
Utilt in a juggle is certainly a viable option if you're looking to not stale Up Smash and have less endlag. Due to range, power and mobility, Up Smash is seen as a universally better option compared to utilt in a juggle, but it is certainly a choice!
===
<~~ Ledge coverage ~~>
Being punished for whiffed up smash reads from a jump ledge getup? It has a lot of range, getting you good hits, covers the option your facing (standard and roll ledge getups). Nair is universally a better option, but it's certainly a choice you have the ability to make!
===
<~~ Outro ~~>
There, I covered all the important info I have on Utilts use! I hope I did well writing this. Thanks for reading, give any insight or feedback you have as a reply please! Thank you!

Top Bottom