• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.K. vs The Tornado.

trafficwarden99

Smash Journeyman
First off I don't have a Wii or Brawl. So my only play time consists of tourneys or at some friends' houses, with neither being very often.
Though it's not a huge concern, I just want to know what move(s) D.K. has (if any) that beats out Meta's Tornado. I usually go with Bair but that never seems to work,

:/

Linguini

Smash Master
Tornado is pretty amazing vs. DK,pretty tough to punish. Just make sure you dont try to attack MK after the tornado runs out and he hits the ground. Due to DK's speed and size MK can just start another one up,and catch your vulnerable *** in it. And if you think the tornado is punishable with DK once you get hit you havnt been playing a gay enough metaknight.

Jmex

Smash Lord
NNID
Jmex25
3DS FC
4613-8799-3599
I tend to space myself to allow the Meta to finish up the tornado move. Predict where hes going to land if hes in the air, and then forward smash to punish.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
Why not down-B to keep him away from you? The startup and cooldown lag don't matter, since you know when the move will end.

What am I missing?

trafficwarden99

Smash Journeyman
Oh sweet I gotta try out that f-tilt then.
I could never consistently find when I could hit him out of it. So I've just been relying on the SA frames of the D Punch.

Top Bottom