• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cyber Arena I Season 2- Gurnee Mills Mall 2/21

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Since Princess Aura moved out of state, the tourny stopped a few months ago. I noticed that no one started hosting any tournments for Cyber Arena. So I decided to take over with the help of my assistant SlashX17. This is our first time back in hosting Cyber Arena again, which is why its called "Season 2" So we are reviving the tournament back to life. Lets try to make it as big of a tourny as possible!

TIMES:
Registration starts at 5:00 pm and the setup will be around that time.
Singles - 6pm to midnight
________
Door Fee: $3
Entry Fee: $10 per person for singles
________
Prizes: 60%/30%/10%

Address

6170 Grand Ave
Gurnee, IL 60031

Setup:

5 TVs
2 on the projector

1. Chompy (Wii) (Homebrew to record matches longer than 3 minutes)
2. Mildcat (Wii)
3. Slimpyman (Wii) (Homebrew to record matches longer than 3 minutes)
4. Norm (Wii and TV) (Homebrew to record matches longer than 3 minutes)
5. Owner of the store (Wii)

The owner said that he wanted to do singles only so we can take it one step at a time. Next time we will do doubles for sure. There is a food court located just a hallway down with plenty of food for great prices! Oh and if you're not playing in the tournament, there are PLENTY of computers and games you can still play, SO BRING THE COMPETITION!!!!

The TVs at this place are going to be the regular TVs, not like those HD TV's that cause crazy lag and there are 5 of them so tournaments move along nicely.

Rules

Double Elimination
8 Minute
3 Stocks
Best 2/3 Matches
All Finals Best 3/5 Matches
No Items

Stage List:

Random – Neutral

Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks -

Brinstar
Corneria
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pirate Ship[/I]
Pictochat
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are banned

Misc.

Stalling is Banned
D3's standing infinite is banned, you can chain grab across the stage however
Suicide KOs – Win goes to the person Initiating the Suicide.
If timer runes out, the winner is determined by Stock, then by Percentages. If Equaled, a 1 Stock match is played, same Characters and Stage. NO SUDDEN DEATH IS PLAYED OUT.

Kirk

Smash Champion
This may have been better in the Midwest forum. *shrug*

Either way, it's this weekend! I'm hoping to come to this...if I can get out of W.I.M.P.S. on time. o.O

Top Bottom