• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cut Short Characters For DLC

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I really think we should go easy on our developers.
They said they needed a break from the hard work.
With Mewtwo in development, they're probably too busy to make another DLC.
What would you rather do after Mewtwo's finished? Make them create characters from scratch and get them more stressed...
or...
have them create cut short characters and get it done more easily and quickly?

I think it's a better idea to not make the developers so stressed.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I really think we should go easy on our developers.
They said they needed a break from the hard work.
With Mewtwo in development, they're probably too busy to make another DLC.
What would you rather do after Mewtwo's finished? Make them create characters from scratch and get them more stressed...
or...
have them create cut short characters and get it done more easily and quickly?

I think it's a better idea to not make the developers so stressed.
It was there choice to make a new smash bros game, they picked the consequences

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I think it would be better if they make another new character from scratch, but only after a long break. I can even wait an year or more.
Not a fan of clones or rushed characters, I prefer not having them at all.
But at this point, if they have to wait a year, probably it's better if they start working on the new Smash for the next console, so they have more time and they can work in a less intensive way.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Mewtwo was announced in Fall 2014 and will be available at Spring 2015. That's only roughly 6 months between those two time. A character from scratch you said would be a year. I say a cut character would only take a half year. I don't think 6 months is that bad.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
I still cant believe it takes roughly 6 months just to complete one character, is it really that hard?
Well, 6 months to complete a LEFTOVER character like Mewtwo AFTER the release.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Short characters? Like in size? Surely making small characters would be faster than making Ganondorfs, but I don't think they should prioritize character picks for DLC based on their sizes. Then again, the majority of my most wanted characters are small, so.. As for cut characters, they were cut for a reason. I don't think they should come back as DLC, specially since they would be the most likely candidates to be cut yet again in the next Smash, so why bother?
It should only take around 2-3 months to make a character
That depends a lot on how many people are still working on Smash after the release.

3D Dillon

Smash Ace
Short characters? Like in size? Surely making small characters would be faster than making Ganondorfs, but I don't think they should prioritize character picks for DLC based on their sizes. Then again, the majority of my most wanted characters are small, so.. As for cut characters, they were cut for a reason. I don't think they should come back as DLC, specially since they would be the most likely candidates to be cut yet again in the next Smash, so why bother?

That depends a lot on how many people are still working on Smash after the release.
I meant short as in cut before the release. You mean, the cut characters will never EVER be playable? Do you really REALLY think they can do new characters from scratch? It's not that easy, see? Leftover characters are better to make before it's too late.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
It doesn't take that long for a single character. Either the 6 months is because they're putting Mewtwo on the back burner, or plan to release him alongside other DLC.

Top Bottom