• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Customizing Controllers

LeadRod

Smash Apprentice
NNID
420B-LAZE-IT!!
I'm trying for the life of me to find controller shells to customize my own but it is borderline impossible. Okay, maybe impossible is a strong word but still. Specifically I saw a MIOM article on customizing your controller to have LEDs and thought "yesplz". I went looking for a clear shell (specifically the back) but they appear to be, in fact, a myth created by the government. The only place I can seem to find them is custom websites which literally charge between $25-$50 just for the shell -_- Anyone know where I can get shells that won't require me to sacrifice my first born child?

EDIT: What's the consensus on buying a third party controller but just for the shell?

Last edited:

Pauer

The Pauerful
No idea. I fear there may be issues with the buttons/triggers if you used a third party shell but I guess this is one of those things you'd have to try out. Perhaps @Kadano has messed with one of those two brands that look like the original controller without a logo.
But even if they worked flawlessly, I would buy an original one since you get a usable controller for a 10$ difference.

Last edited:

LeadRod

Smash Apprentice
NNID
420B-LAZE-IT!!
No idea. I fear there may be issues with the buttons/triggers if you used a third party shell but I guess this is one of those things you'd have to try out. Perhaps @Kadano has messed with one of those two brands that look like the original controller without a logo.
But even if they worked flawlessly, I would buy an original one since you get a usable controller for a 10$ difference.
Fair enough. Cheers!

SpeedyJ

Smash Journeyman
Can I use a third party controller shell? Or is it like a different shape? (I'd preferably like to spend as little as possible)
I believe the third party controllers which have the normal shape will be the same size but most people would agree that the parts are extremely low quality. Go with the one LeadRod recommended. :)

Top Bottom