• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Customized Random Characters Idea

TheTrueBrawler

Smash Demon
This was a thought I had. It will allow players to customize what characters pop up in random, and even preferred skins as well. Here's how the idea works. After certain unlock criteria is met such as unlocking enough characters, two new slots pop up. Both are question marks colored different colors than eachother the default random option. Having this would also revert random to it's old methods where the default skin is not prioritized in random. They are Preference Random, and Selective Random.

Preference Random allows you to choose what skins you would like from any particular character. In Smash 4, you can create names and edit settings for them such as controls. From this same menu, you would be able to go to a character roster, and dictate what skins you want out of each character. It will guarantee that you get it if you are the only player in that game, but other players may select your color scheme, or Preference/Selective Random may prioritize the other player. You can change the order of the rest of the color schemes signifying what skins you would want as "Just In Case" options.

Selective Random does everything Preference Random does, but this one allows you to make a selective list of characters you would like to play as. It is the same menu as ordering skins by preference. If you like Cloud, Corrin, and Marth, and only want to see those three in random, you can disable the rest. Or if you hate playing as Bayonetta and Bowser Jr, you can disable them from your random selection.

If Preference/Selective Random is chosen by multiple characters, and the same character with the same skin is chosen, a random player is chosen to get the skin, and the other(s) will get a backup skin. Players always get priority over computer players. This is what I meant about players getting priority over others when describing the Preference Random.

Last edited:

Yuya-Noboru

Smash Journeyman
I think that everyone already thought of that. Being to disable characters from the randomized feature would be godlike.

Though, I find the "randomized skins order" pointless. At that point just play a regular match and pick your fighter/skin. If you give random too much options it will lose its essence.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I would love to customize random a bit. I wouldn't change too much as I like to use every character in the roster. Maybe make my favourites more common. If I can change probability on some costumes.

But for the love of Virtual Boy, MAKE MIIS AVAILABLE. What's the point of having them if they're not present in half the stuff.

Last edited:
Top Bottom