• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Customizations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wariofan13

Smash Rookie
NNID
Warofan13
3DS FC
4828-5389-1635
Would it be a good idea to customize Little Mac's up B so it would not suck for recovery. Would that even be allowed in competitive play?

Falchy

Smash Rookie
its still being decided whether or not customs are allowed in competitive play, but yes, it would be a good idea, since his recovery is just awful as it is

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
its still being decided whether or not customs are allowed in competitive play, but yes, it would be a good idea, since his recovery is just awful as it is
Support is pretty overwhelming, especially among TOs. Now that we know what they all are (and none appear game-breaking), it's essentially a done-deal.

This is good news for characters at a high risk for matchup polarization, like Little Mac.

Falchy

Smash Rookie
Support is pretty overwhelming, especially among TOs. Now that we know what they all are (and none appear game-breaking), it's essentially a done-deal.

This is good news for characters at a high risk for matchup polarization, like Little Mac.
good to hear, adds a little variety and viability to some characters

mimgrim

Smash Hero
You could, but his best custom Uspecial in terms of recovery, Tornado Uppercut, still isn't that great and loses it's finisher capabilities. I prefer Rising Smash but be warned it is an even worse recovery for Mac but holy crap it is an amazing finisher after popping the opponent into the air at mid to high percent with Dtilt.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
What straight lunge do you guys think is best?Not sure between 1 and 3 leaning toward 1.

NOSTK

Smash Rookie
What straight lunge do you guys think is best?Not sure between 1 and 3 leaning toward 1.
I prefer 3, I don't see the benefit of 1.
As for recovery, I prefer 3 as well. As mimgrim said, D-Tilt -> U-B is does some great damage.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
1 is the best for Sspecial. It goes through attacks, and more importantly projectiles. 3 sounds nice, but it's too slow to be useful. A shielding opponent could easily react to it. There's no real benefit to it. And there isn't really anything great about 2.

I implore you to participate in my thread about optimal custom Specials for Mac, http://smashboards.com/threads/optimal-custom-specials-set-up.371072/

NOSTK

Smash Rookie
1 is the best for Sspecial. It goes through attacks, and more importantly projectiles. 3 sounds nice, but it's too slow to be useful. A shielding opponent could easily react to it. There's no real benefit to it. And there isn't really anything great about 2.

I implore you to participate in my thread about optimal custom Specials for Mac, http://smashboards.com/threads/optimal-custom-specials-set-up.371072/
Yeah, S-B 1 is really the best. Personally, I think it's a criminally underrated move, it allows Mac so much more mobility and options for getting in, and for a kill move too, I find it effective. Many of matches have been won by S-Bing through a projectile and slamming them in the face.
S-B 3 is garbage, slow and clumsy, misses the point of the move entirely.

U-B 2 is also garbage, the amount of distance you get is next to nothing, while you passing up a great finisher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom