• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Customizable Menu's

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
So I haven't seen documentation for MnMaAll.usd anywhere nor have I seen a customized main menu. Therefore the past few days I've been hard at work trying to come up with some documentation for it. Here's the menu I have customized for now...

Original:

and here's the documentation I have thus far.. http://www.mediafire.com/view/rn6knoq1vt22es9/MnMaAllOffsets.txt

Please Note: It's literally just a bunch of notes I jotted down. It may be hard to understand and maybe incorrect at some points but it's better than nothing and I thought it might help somebody out. There's also offsets I reminded myself to come back to as well lol.

Also! If anyone has anymore documentation on this please let me know! I am VERY interested in figuring out where the offsets are for these (*shown below* the yellow highlights and the dark blue background color on the right side). I can't seem to locate them. So if you know anything about it PLEASE let me know!

One last note: Please feel free to post any customized menus you have and any download links to go along with it!

Last edited:

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
I would also like to point out something interesting as well. Changing all values to black (00 00 00) for the 98 00 ## ## texture at offset BA900 turns the highlights transparent but does not alter the color. So you end up getting a sleek looking menu like this

Pretty cool stuff imo. I imagine some creative minds could turn that into something pretty cool.

Maximal113

Smash Rookie
So, how do we access the file? I tried to export it using Melee Toolkit, but when opening it it's a bunch of weird letters with no real point to them.

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
So, how do we access the file? I tried to export it using Melee Toolkit, but when opening it it's a bunch of weird letters with no real point to them.
Open the file with a hexadecimal editor, you'll see the offset and the adresses. I use the software HxD for doing that.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
Do you have any information on the background image? I was curious about changing it so i dumped the main menu textures from dolphin and they're all _0 (grayscale) except one which is a rainbow of colors so i assume its the palette or focus point or something. A few seemed to look like it but i wasn't sure. You found anything?
I'll try changing around a few tomorrow if i can find the offsets and see if I can find whats what.

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
Do you have any information on the background image? I was curious about changing it so i dumped the main menu textures from dolphin and they're all _0 (grayscale) except one which is a rainbow of colors so i assume its the palette or focus point or something. A few seemed to look like it but i wasn't sure. You found anything?
I'll try changing around a few tomorrow if i can find the offsets and see if I can find whats what.
The image itself? Uhh not really Not sure if it even is an image so much as it is just an area of color if that makes sense.. I've seen the rainbow image you're talking about though when I dumped all of the textures awhile back. I changed it to all maroon to see what it did but it didn't really do anything noticeable. You can find a few of the random background images via dumping though. Other than that if you're talking about the main background.. I don't think it's a texture. If you want to change the colors like I did just take a look at my notes I posted. You can change the grid color and the left to middle part of the background. In the pictures I provided I only colored the leftmost side of the screen because I thought it looked better but you can in fact change the middle part as well. Hope that helps.

SnG | Skin

Smash Apprentice
The image itself? Uhh not really Not sure if it even is an image so much as it is just an area of color if that makes sense.. I've seen the rainbow image you're talking about though when I dumped all of the textures awhile back. I changed it to all maroon to see what it did but it didn't really do anything noticeable. You can find a few of the random background images via dumping though. Other than that if you're talking about the main background.. I don't think it's a texture. If you want to change the colors like I did just take a look at my notes I posted. You can change the grid color and the left to middle part of the background. In the pictures I provided I only colored the leftmost side of the screen because I thought it looked better but you can in fact change the middle part as well. Hope that helps.
Yeah thats what i was figuring too. I'll do some messing around with it soon and let you know if i find anything interesting.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
On the topic of menus, how is it exactly that you change the text that reads "Melee" on the title screen? I've noticed that the 20XX hack pack and SD Remix builds change it, is there a particular place I would look to change it?

SLUGS

Smash Apprentice
On the topic of menus, how is it exactly that you change the text that reads "Melee" on the title screen? I've noticed that the 20XX hack pack and SD Remix builds change it, is there a particular place I would look to change it?
Are you referring the CSS? I don't know the offsets for it but I'm sure the letters "Melee" are a texture. So to change them would be as simple as dumping the texture, editing it in gimp or photoshop, and placing it back into the .usd file. Then you'd probably need to locate offsets for the color separately within the .usd. That's just me guessing though. I plan to get to that one day. However right now I'm mapping out other things atm.

QuickLava

Smash Journeyman
Are you referring the CSS? I don't know the offsets for it but I'm sure the letters "Melee" are a texture. So to change them would be as simple as dumping the texture, editing it in gimp or photoshop, and placing it back into the .usd file. Then you'd probably need to locate offsets for the color separately within the .usd. That's just me guessing though. I plan to get to that one day. However right now I'm mapping out other things atm.
No, the actual title screen. Like the one that pops up after the intro movie?

Top Bottom