• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Customizable Characters?

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
I dunno about custom characters. I could see some people making incredibly overpowered darkness-knight-demon-monster-whatever characters. They'd be really unfitting in the Smash Bros universe.

Maybe instead, how about custom colours for the characters?

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
So you all wanted to bash the idea before, huh?... I posted this before custom moves were ever announced. Now here we are 2 years later. Custom Moves are a thing, they made it into Evo, and more than half the Smash 4 community is in support them. #foreshadowing #likeaboss

EgeDal

Smash Journeyman
So you all wanted to bash the idea before, huh?... I posted this before custom moves were ever announced. Now here we are 2 years later. Custom Moves are a thing, they made it into Evo, and more than half the Smash 4 community is in support them. #foreshadowing #likeaboss
Your idea looks more like equips instead of moves which are not and will never be legal in any tournament. Also no one really said it's impossible but instead they said that'd hurt the game balance which is kind of true.

Zekersaurus

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 2027 5431 0731
Your idea looks more like equips instead of moves which are not and will never be legal in any tournament. Also no one really said it's impossible but instead they said that'd hurt the game balance which is kind of true.
Those were the examples that I gave but they were just... examples. I gave several different examples. I even mentioned that I new system could be made specifically for this game. People who would've been open to some form customization but not what I was saying in particular would've likely suggested something else or have said that "it may work but not in the way that way."

If someone's not open to the idea then that's their opinion but to say that it would "hurt the game balance" is kinda jumping the gun. Anything can be balancing or imbalancing depending on how it's executed. Now that we've seen custom moves it competitive play, I wouldn't say that they "hurt the game balance". Out of the 50 something characters with untapped potential there may be handful of customs that are problematic but the game is still in it's infancy. If any special move becomes game breaking later on down the line, it can just be banned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom