• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Texture for Bowser freezes game(riivo)

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
hey guys. so i replaced all of the textures for bowser.

however, for someone reason, only the first one works. trying to use any of the others will freeze the game while the stage is loading.

i believe this has to do with the xml. i am not using the xml that comes with the current build of project m, because it does not allow you to load multiple mods in riivo. instead i am using the modlauncher.xml, and i noticed it doesnt have any lines about gigakoopa. i assume that is the issue.

does anyone know what i need to add to the xml to fix this?

MaxThunder

PM Support
lines that are not in the xml are simply files that riivolution won't replace... so if there is no file paths to goga bowser's files, the only result will be that any giga bowser files you put in won't show up in-game... which is the problem a lot of people have with replacing music using the default PM xml... any giga bowser stuff shouldn't impact anything unless you actually tried using bowser's final smash...

so the xml shouldn't be the problem... you can try the PM xml to see if it works there, though...

i have heard about issues like this with riivolution in the past... riivolution can be a bit unstable at times...

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
lines that are not in the xml are simply files that riivolution won't replace... so if there is no file paths to goga bowser's files, the only result will be that any giga bowser files you put in won't show up in-game... which is the problem a lot of people have with replacing music using the default PM xml... any giga bowser stuff shouldn't impact anything unless you actually tried using bowser's final smash...

so the xml shouldn't be the problem... you can try the PM xml to see if it works there, though...

i have heard about issues like this with riivolution in the past... riivolution can be a bit unstable at times...

hrm...ok that makes think a bit more complicated then. only one of the textures works. i have the .pcs and .pac for all of them. very odd. guess i don't get to be dry bowser :(

Top Bottom