• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Custom Stages in Random-Stage-Selection

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
Hi
I bet there is already a thread with this question.
But I can't find it oO

I want to include my custom stages in our weekly evening battles with my friends.
But even though I turned them on in the stage-selection-screen. They will never come. Even if I turn all other stages off, only Battlefield will come when choosing that the game always starts battles on a random stage.

Is there a way to play on random given custom stages?

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
maybe because you put OMEGA ON?
and yes you'r custome stage can't be OMEGA

Last edited:

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
If you have Random Stage Switch, go there and scroll to the very bottom and click "Custom Stages" to On.

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Hi
I bet there is already a thread with this question.
But I can't find it oO

I want to include my custom stages in our weekly evening battles with my friends.
But even though I turned them on in the stage-selection-screen. They will never come. Even if I turn all other stages off, only Battlefield will come when choosing that the game always starts battles on a random stage.

Is there a way to play on random given custom stages?
How many custom stages do you have built? I am at about 64 and customs are included. I remember in Brawl if you had too many custom stages built, it would remove them from the random switch.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
Actually...
there are only 6 @.@

I am going to experiment with the settings... but I am quite sure that it doesn't work as it is supposed to do oO

Hyruleslink

Smash Journeyman
Actually...
there are only 6 @.@

I am going to experiment with the settings... but I am quite sure that it doesn't work as it is supposed to do oO
Hmm. Do you play with custom moves turned on or off? I wonder if that is a factor.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
I experimented a bit with the settings.
(Customized characters are always set to off.)

No matter how my settings are, the custom stages never appear via auto-random (neither random, nor omega-random (that they can't appear during omiga-random makes sence ;) )).
However, if I set the stage selection to free and press the random-stage-button down-left on the stage-selection screen, custom stages can appear.
This seems to be the only way for me to play on random-selected stages with the possibility of a custom stage... It isn't that bad, but waiting two times before the battle startes is somehow annoying :/

But thank you for helping me ;)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I think that all custom stages are counted as a single stage, so if you have a lot, the random doesn't always land on them.

Yeah, I hate it too.

Top Bottom