• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom stage to maximise Robin's effectiveness?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
First, I apologise if this should have gone in the Q&A, but it seemed a bit long.

Anyhow, as a good casual player, I like screwing around a lot, and one of the ways I do that is by making custom stages that make my mains OP. Any suggestions on how to do one for Robin? I'm stumped!

Zareidriel

zuh-RAY-dree-ole
NNID
Zareidriei
Funny story, I actually thought up one of these just for kicks. Not sure how accurate it is as to its effectiveness for Robin, but I imagine it wouldn't be half bad.

Wizard Island
Platforms: 2-3
Platform Distance: L
Distance: XL
Slope: L
Top: S
Side: XS

This is the theoretical best stage for Robin (in my opinion). It would be a flat stage with platforms hanging halfway off both edges of the stage. Similar to the ones in Town and City, but maybe lower. An optional third platform high in the middle could assist aerial recovery and aerial combat. A long stage distance ensures time to charge Thoron, made easier by the platforms on either side. If the platforms are long enough, and you are fighting the enemy on the platform, you could land a Sbair to kill around 50%, or a Fsmash around 30%, thanks to the short sides. The empty center, devoid of platforms, will ease hitting with El, Arc, and Thoron, and helps ensure Arcfire remains an obstacle in reaching you. The long, steep slopes to either side make recovering a breeze, recovery so quick and variable that stage-spiking would require delicate timing. Edge recovery is made much easier with the platforms. The closer a stage is to Wizard Island, the better it will be for Robin.

AC NuBurs

Defence Bowser
NNID
ACNuBurs
A really uneven stage, best example I can think of is a spike pit from a 2D side scrolled (stay with me), this uneven, spikey terain would stop rush down characters entirely, and allow Robin to camp with thoron and arc fire with ease, this would also force people into the air if they want to approach, which Robin can just do levin airs to keep them out and stuff.
Probably wouldn't be legal at all, but it would be funny to see Falcons and Shieks not be able to get there momentum going at all lol.

Top Bottom