• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Stage - PK Thunder practice

Kuronekokun

Smash Cadet
I've been a bit frustrated at how often I miss with Lucas' PK Thunder recovery, so I made a custom stage where I could practice grabbing an edge from as many angles as I could think of. The idea is to use the springs to get you into the air, and PK Thunder from there. (double jump or wait a bit to PK Thunder to change the angle if you want.)

I also tried to make it easy to get around the stage by being able to bounce from one spring to another without the interruption of landing on the ground. (which is pretty fun on it's own as well).

I've only tested this with Lucas... not sure if it's as good with Ness.

Here's a pic:

Download link: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EK6XIZVG

It might help to go into special brawl and use fixed camera while you practice... it seems the camera acts a bit odd in training mode sometimes.

Let me know what you guys think, and if there are any suggestions and such.

db777

Smash Cadet
making a practice stage is a great idea. I'll do that for one of my characters when i get the game. Maybe even a stage that gives my character an advantage for when i play my friends

tanfastic

Smash Apprentice
Very cool I was planning on making a practice stage for Ice Climbers when I get it.

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
Nice idea. Looks like it'll be helpful.

I like thinking of stages that help you train. I've made a target practice for projectile users and a recovery stage. I like the spring idea though...

nitro_rev

Smash Cadet
very cool, but if you really want to practice PK thunda, make some sort of maze with tight turns and sharp corners in which you must guide the attack through.

kingofping4

Smash Cadet
The worst thing in melee was getting in between the buildings on Fourside. You might want to add some narrow pits like that and try to send your thunder up to get maneuverability and then bring it back down underneath you.

Obviously this wouldn't work with Ness since your opponents could just jump into the thunder to kill it. Maybe the tighter turning and opponent passing of Lucas' would make it do-able. It might be something to try.

Top Bottom