• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Ro...I mean, aMiibo

Wonks

Smash Journeyman
In a recent interview, IGN questioned Takashi and Miyamoto about the possibility of having custom amiibo figures of your Mii:
IGN: amiibo has the word "Mii" in it, is there a chance you'll allow players order custom figures based on their own Mii? If not, you can have that idea for free.

Takashi: It would be nice if we can make that happen.

Miyamoto: We do have a number of employees internally who want to be able to do something like that, and we're performing different experiments. So it's too late for us to steal your idea (laughs). There's different ways that we could do it and ordering could be one, or there's different structures that we could use. In fact, there is already an amiibo of my Mii.
As someone whose Mii will likely hover around his top five, and someone who is going to get a select few miibo figures, I wouldn't mind shelling out a couple of extra bucks for a Smash Mii amiibo (hypothetically costing at least double what a retail amiibo would go for). While the prospect of this coming to fruition still seems unlikely, I have to admit, I would be excited about having my own little statute for custom moves, etc.

It would almost seem strange for Nintendo not to have this option, since amiibos and Miis both fit the bill of customization.

Would anyone else get one, too?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
For a Mii Amiibo I imagine we'll just get like a silhouetted figurine
like the Animal Crossing Mannequins

Top Bottom