• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Movesets= The Death of (New) Clones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm wondering if the variable custom specials mean that clones, at least newer ones, are a thing of the past. I know clones vary in ways that custom movesets can't change like size, weight and standard attacks but with move customization but what do you think?

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
No. I don't believe so. There are many ways in which a Special Move can be tweaked, far more than what is covered with the customization. That and the customized movesets don't take into account :GCA: moves.

D

Deleted member

The quality of the newcomers makes me believe that we won't be getting any semi-clones in this installment. Though, regular attacks will be enough to make the characters different if the specials are similar/the same.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
It really depends. Assuming both Ganondorf and Crunchatize me Captain Falcon are in, they might have different specials, but what if the specials are just aesthetically different but pretty much the same thing? (i.e. Falcon Punch changes into something like a fast jab with low knockback called Falcon Jab, and Ganon has pretty much the same thing done, with the names and colors being different). As mentioned, if :GCA: moves are still similar to one another, then we could still have clones. But custom movesets definitely help adulterate cloning in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom