• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom moves at evo, yay or nay

_Hades

Smash Rookie
NNID
Hades647
Im not sure if there is a thread talking about this already but ill give you all a little insight on my personal opinion. I believe there shouldnt be custom moves allowed for a few reasons but the biggest one involves the use of amiibos. If i am correct the only way to transfer a custom fighters moves would be through the use of an amiibo. but what about the people who use characters whos amiibos are almost impossible to find in there area, or is going to involve them ordering one online for a price that is going to be more expensive then buying other amiibos from a retailer. Nintendo has unfortunately made mistakes with the lack of certain amiibos and seems to me that it would be unfair to certain players. Now I would also like to bring up the fact that there customs moves need to be unlocked and take time. This will inevitably mean that some players could be discouraged into coming out to an event like this due to the fact that they cant just pick up the game and play anymore and there is a more complicated factor involved in this. Unless these consoles can have the custom moves already unlocked and made accessible without the use of my own amiibo which I would have to prepare for the event I dont believe they should be used. If in fact If I am wrong and these custom moves can already be pre loaded onto the consoles and are made accessible at the tourney then I have no other arguments in defence for not having them used other then the fact that a vanilla version of the game is a lot easier for people to get into and understand better. If I am completely wrong about this or there is already a thread about this i would like to apologize in advance and just felt I could give my two cents on the topic as I perceive it so far into my involvement with this community. thank you for reading and I hope this makes some kind of sense lol

Top Bottom