• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Link: Your Favorite Set-Up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
Which mix of specials do you find optimal if anyone has messed with Link's custom moves. Each has there drawbacks but I'm trying to find a custom set-up that utilizes the best versions of Link's moves.

For Example:

1. I stick with default arrows as the power version is near useless unless fully charged and the quick fire arrows fizzle out after a certain distance.

2. Boomerang I find is a toss up between gale and the 64 version. The ripping one I suppose could be used in a combo, but I find it to have to little range to be really effective it could be good for edge guarding though.

3. For the up special I stick with default, it's probably the most well rounded the whirlwind one would be nice if it had a hitbox. One thing I do like the though is if you go for a Dair and miss, the whirlwind up special can bring you back. The power version is ok, but I find myself not using the spin attack on the ground I'm usually airborne if I ever use it.

4: Finally for bombs I like to use the meteor variant. I have used it in matches online to really evaluate their viability but they seem to cause a fair amount of spike from 50% onwards. I'd assume the giant bombs would be good for planting all over the stage but default bombs are pretty versatile.

What are your guys favorite custom specials?

Hey, new guy. Always read the stickies. If I catch you making a useless thread twice I'll tie your testicles in a knot complete with a fancy bow and hang you from the ceiling by them.

'Tis the season to be festive, after all. And that season is why you get one pass. I'm feeling jolly. Link7 already linked you to the appropriate thread, so I have nothing else to add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom