• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Gordos

ZeThundaRippa

Smash Cadet
Maine, you know, the place mistaken for Canada.
NNID
zethundarippa
3DS FC
5129-0353-6718
I've seen that us Triple D's prefer the standard Gordo for obvious reasons, but I haven't seen much thought process about the other two. I'd like to know other thoughts on these, but this is what I've seen.
-Bouncing Gordo
---Hell for the other player on a stage like Battlefield, if put in the right spot the Gordo will bounce off platforms at random.
---Longer sniping range, though can't be dropped straight down anymore.
---Requires a different type of ledge trap, one that's spaced more than half the stage.
---Triple D doubles are a lot of fun :)
---6%
---Stage control, but easier to be hit back.
---Up tilted Gordo can avoid being hit by most projectiles.
-Topspin Gordo
---Tilting changes speed.
---11%
---Laggy, extremely laggy.
---Good for edge guarding because of how slow it falls, but lacks in distance.

-What still needs testing.
---

Last edited:

Jatayu

Regal Eagle
3DS FC
4227-4062-5258
All of the pocketed gordos use villager's pocket's start-up time (frame 8) and they will use the same trajectory before it was pocketed (Up-tilted gordo will stay up-tilted gordo). This mean a pocketed topspin gordo does not have to deal with the extreme start-up time of hitting it with the hammer. Think of the shenanigans a villager-dedede team could have!

All hammers do 10%
Bouncing gordo does a consistent 6%
Topsin gordo does a consistent 11%
Default gordo does 14%/12.5%/11%/9.5% depending on how long it's been out and how fast it's going(?)
All this was done in training mode.

ZeThundaRippa

Smash Cadet
Maine, you know, the place mistaken for Canada.
NNID
zethundarippa
3DS FC
5129-0353-6718
Training mode here as well, forgot to say that.
Topspin gordo is now giving me an 11%. Forgot to give the CPU no random equipment. whoops .-.
I'll edit the original post a bit.

Edit: my idiocy has led to get the wrong values multiple times due to the problem above, I think I've fixed everything that I messed up.

Last edited:

Texfone

Smash Cadet
NNID
Texfone
I prefer topspin over bouncing because it takes people by surprise usually.

Top Bottom