• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Gamecube Controllers (and others)

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
I've recently ventured into the art of custom controllers. I started out with a few really basic ideas, wanted to drop a Zelda logo on a controller, but I felt it was a little plain. So, I decided to go all out and make my controller much more eye catching with a full picture of Toon Link from Wind Waker. Toon Link has been one of my mains for a long time, and Wind Waker is my all time favorite Zelda game, so I felt it was appropriate.

Mario Kart controller that I designed and made. Mario Kart is one of my favorite game series, and my second favorite multi-player game, only second to Smash Bros.

Mewtwo/Mew Game Boy Color, in celebration of Mewtwo's release in Smash Bros. It has the Pokemon logo and Mew on the back too.

Sonic themed Gamecube controller. Sonic CD's running has always looked the coolest to me, so that game inspired the artwork on this controller.

Here is a Fire Mario GameCube controller, my first ever paid order!

Here's one for any of you Mortal Kombat fans:

Last edited:

oZzIIgk

Smash Journeyman
What supplies are you using/are needed for doing this? I'm interested and I have ideas, but I don't know the first thing about what the best materials would be.

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
If you're interested in having me make one, I can do that for you. I use spray paint for the base layer, paint markers for the graphics, and a clear coat finish to protect it from scratches.

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
I have a new idea I've been implementing into some controllers: Built-in amiibo functionality. I updated my very first controller and added a Link amiibo chip into the right handle, and later I'm going to add a Toon Link amiibo into it as well.

I also made a Mario vs. Sonic amiibo controller, with Mario and Sonic amiibo functionality built-in. This is my new favorite controller, as Mario and Sonic facing off in a video game has always been my dream since I was a kid. Smash Bros. has made my dreams come true in the best possible way, and this controller is my way to celebrate that!!

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
How would you feel about working on a white HORI Fighting Edge?
It looks a bit like this..

What system would you want to do a custom of this HORI edge? I'm not too familiar with this controller, but I know my way around controllers and consoles when taking them apart.

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
I just need the artwork. I play USFIV and SF5 tournaments
The artwork would have to be applied to the controller itself, I could either do a new controller or have you send yours in if you wanted to go that route. Send me a private message if you'd like more details on pricing.

HeadSchott

Smash Cadet
NNID
headschott
3DS FC
5370-0395-8945
Switch FC
4035-4288-6515
Gamecube with Falco and Marth, along with some custom gamertags based on the Melee logo
upload_2015-11-9_20-10-28.png

Middy13

Smash Rookie
Wow! These look amazing.

I wish I had seen this thread earlier, because custom controllers this awesome would have made for sweet Christmas gifts!

Stefano Filice

Smash Rookie
Can you make me a custom controller, I was thinking a Gamecube controller with the dreamland stage in the background and smash 4 Kirby right above the start button, also the buttons are good so you wouldn't have to paint them.

Top Bottom