• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Controller Settings for Greninja

tushlife

Smash Cadet
NNID
pantherdash
Hey Greninja Mains,

I was curious to know how everyone like to have their controller set-up when they are playing as Greninja. I know that different players have a couple controller set-ups for different characters so that their c-stick is set to tilts and not smashes and some players even leave tap-jump on for some characters as well. I was curious to know what set-up you find most helpful when playing as Greninja to get in those quick up-throw --> up-B combos and such.

Personally, I've been playing around with using my C-stick for tilts so I don't end up using a laggy down-smash or forward-smash when all I want to do is get a quick kick in to combo into. I also have tap jump on, mainly because I am still new to playing competitively, but also because I find that it is quicker to tap jump into and Up-B string for combos.

I'd be happy to hear what everyone else has set-up so I can play around with a few set-ups and find out what set-up will make playing Greninja more smooth and comfortable.

Thanks!

Kace Mono

Smash Cadet
I like to use Z as my jump button aswell as Y so I can jump easier while shadow sneaking. It's hard to get used to but so useful.

Last edited:
Top Bottom