• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Code-only Rainbow Ride

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
As I resquested in this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/melee-hacks-and-you-updated-3-15-2015.247119/page-118#post-18967669 , I really want to achieve it. I'm not asking anybody to write it for me, I'll just ask for some advice or certain things I can't find.

Reference image

I want to make that competitive stage, but I'll need some basic help about some steps needed to achieve my goal. Here are the steps needed to make the stage complete:

0. Find the function that is used while loading the stage, as each stages has one. For some reason, I can't seem to find it. I'll wait to have a fully functioning Dolphin then try again.

1a. Find the camera/stage movement function in the code and modify it to my needs.

1b. After the boat crashes on the stage, make it not ram on the stage anymore (looping it 1 time?) and set the blast/camera zones on the right place.

2. Find to move the unneeded platform(s) to outside of Camera Range, would need @achilles1515 's way with his Battlefield Custom Platforms thing to help me out.

3. Deactivate the rugs, and maybe the falling blocks (where you stand on it, which it falls few seconds later)

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Because this stage is more complicated than I thought, I'll practice on other stages and increase the difficulty. I searched on Mushroom Kingdom 2, and it looks way easier...

I'll edit more here, more for me as a public log (so you can import them in your .dol if you want)

Disable Pidgit, Wood Logs, Birdo in MKII(1.02) [flieskiller]
041fcd84 60000000

edit: I'll keep this topic for Rainbow Ride, compiling my searches here: http://smashboards.com/threads/ram-stage-hacking-a-starting-point.400012/#post-19048665

Last edited:
Top Bottom