• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Character

Imagine this. Smash has fixed characters, but has one custom character as they said they wanted to possibly implement. HOw might this custom character be worked so as to be individual to the player with enough features yet still not disrupt the ability to use other characters?

To me, I think the best way to go about doing this would be to have a character model already designed. From there, you can just slightly tweak a few things, but not enough to be completely overpowering. The biggest factor would be customization ability for aesthetics rather than battle prowess upgrades. However, you might potentially be able to select from a number of already chosen moves too. For example, you might be able to have Din's fire, but alter the speed at cost of damage/knockback. Or over that move replace it with something like PK fire. That's the general idea.

I bet this sort of thread has already been started lol

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think if anything, they should allow customizable Mii characters. Perhaps the Mii could already have a few moves made for them, like the neutral ground and air attacks. Better yet they have 3 different set of air and ground moves that they let you choose from. You can only choose one air attack set, and one ground attack set. As far as special moves go, Nintendo could provide 1 special move from each character, but they would have to choose carefully so as to not allow one to make an overpowered character, and also to avoid giving Miis unfitting moves. (Kirby's inhale is a perfect example) The Mii's weight depends on the body size and height, like in the Mii outfit characters in Mario Kart Wii.

Of course Nintendo would not allow usage of Miis online unless it's with Friends. And Miis would also most likely be banned from tournaments. I don't think theres any way they could prevent a custom characterr from being used in these modes.

I don't think the idea of Nintendo making some random model for a custom character would be very fitting, and Miis are a trademark of Nintendo. What else would they use for a custom character?

Top Bottom