• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Character Textures (Help)

Siktec

Smash Rookie
Recently I started trying to put in custom character textures and such through the CostumeManager.

I've got plenty of the textures to work perfectly.. Other ones just freeze right as the match starts. Does anyone know what might cause this or how to fix it? I'm doing the same process with each character.

Any help will be much appreciated.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Which ones are freezing? It's possible that you are using model imports that are incompatible with the Project M movesets of that character.

Siktec

Smash Rookie
Anubis Lucario freezes, Sasuke over Falco freezes.. and Super Saiyan Lucario is freezing.

Last edited:

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
Sasuke most likely isn't working because he's a custom model that isn't compatible with the changes Project M made to Falco's moveset.

Not sure what's up with the Lucarios. One thing I would try doing is opening them in BrawlBox, exporting their textures, importing them into a Lucario hack that does work or one of the ones that came with PM, and saving that as a separate file. When the game freezes with him, does the game crash after the match starts with a loud beep or on the stage select screen with silence?

Siktec

Smash Rookie
Sasuke most likely isn't working because he's a custom model that isn't compatible with the changes Project M made to Falco's moveset.

Not sure what's up with the Lucarios. One thing I would try doing is opening them in BrawlBox, exporting their textures, importing them into a Lucario hack that does work or one of the ones that came with PM, and saving that as a separate file. When the game freezes with him, does the game crash after the match starts with a loud beep or on the stage select screen with silence?
It has crashed randomly with both.. and I've used BrawlBox but don't know exactly how the whole program works.

Last edited:

WinterKirby

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 1947 5087 1303
Don't replace the Fit(Character).pac and Fit(Character)MotionEtc.pac files at all, unless it's specifically designed for Project M and not Brawl.

Top Bottom