• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Character creation, and how it can be done right.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I do like the idea of adding accessories and character creation is certainly an interesting thought, but it would be very hard to add in something like that in smash brothers -at least imo it would be-. It just feels like It would make the game a bit unbalanced.
Yeah, it'd be cool to have accessories. I wonder if other players online can see your skins too? It'd be cool if other people could see your designs and stuff.

aba1

Smash Apprentice
To be honest I could see them making it so you can alter all the characters moves rather than having completely custom characters. Some of the characters have had their moves altered a great deal over the years it would be really cool to tweak every character to fight the way that suits you. For example I always liked pikachus back air from the original which was a sorta donkey kick compared to his stupid spin move he has now.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
To be honest I could see them making it so you can alter all the characters moves rather than having completely custom characters. Some of the characters have had their moves altered a great deal over the years it would be really cool to tweak every character to fight the way that suits you. For example I always liked pikachus back air from the original which was a sorta donkey kick compared to his stupid spin move he has now.
I never liked the idea of altering a characters move set. This could possibly lead to balancing issues, and eventually set of moves will be deemed "the best".

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I assume that if custom characters are implemented, they would be banned in tournaments.
That being said, I'd love to see them, Mii or not.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Cool idea, but I can't see it happening.

The only customization I can see happening is semi-creating a Mii character.
Each Mii has a default size, weight, speed, throws, properties and normal moves, but you can choose between a pack of special moves to apply to whatever Mii you choose. This pack includes the b moves and the final smash, but all balanced out that it just comes down to preference.

You register that moveset to the Mii you choose to play as (you can choose any Mii you want, and choose the special moveset you want)

Complete customization seems too much, but still somewhat realistic.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Interesting Ideas.

I would love to see how this would play into a story mode, I.E, your character is pulled into the World of Trophies and must 'defeat _____'.

Another neat idea would be to incorporate the Neutral B attack of others into your character. For instance, meet Link, beat him, and earn the ability to use Hero's Bow. What do you think?

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Interesting Ideas.

I would love to see how this would play into a story mode, I.E, your character is pulled into the World of Trophies and must 'defeat _____'.

Another neat idea would be to incorporate the Neutral B attack of others into your character. For instance, meet Link, beat him, and earn the ability to use Hero's Bow. What do you think?
Anything is possible with Nintendo...but me personally i dont like the idea - no offense.

Top Bottom