• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom c stick and buttons

Kyler

Smash Cadet
ok so idk if theres a controller specific thread (i couldnt find one besides the controller and tv issues thread) but i was wondering whats the standing on replacing c sticks and buttons with custom/ different ones, ive noticed theres no really in between with how people feel about it some people couldnt care less and ive had some people say that they would refuse to play someone in tournament if they had 2 analog sticks or an analog and a ps3 stick as the c stick cause they have cool colour but i feel like it doesnt really matter until you get to top level play personally but i was wondering if there are specific rules banning different c sticks and buttons that are different colours. Im guessing its banned at majors but i dont get to go to many locals so i dont know if its really different there and if anyone has experiences or feelings about this topic i would like to know cause im really curious about this as i feel like it can look really cool and doesnt give an advantage to the point it should be banned at lower level play

Squire

Smash Apprentice
People who complain that you have two analog sticks need to calm down. As far as I can tell, it's not going to determine the outcome of a match. A friend of mine uses the wii nunchuck stick in place of his gamecube controller's analog stick because he "likes the way it 'clacks' more" and no one has had an issue with it. I haven't seen too many modifications like that in my own personal experience, but usually people don't care as long as you're not playing with a full-on super nintendo controller or something. But idk, it's a big community, some people might hate it.

To answer the question on whether or not it's officially banned: That's a big ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My aforementioned buddy has competed with his wacky controller at Apex, EVO (twice), and SmashCon and no one seemed to care.

As far as locals, that's entirely up to your TO I guess, but I imagine most don't care as long as it's not some off-the-wall part switch.

Top Bottom