• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom BRSARS in Project M?

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
Hi everyone.

Recently, I've made my own custom brsar which replaces some character sfx and I was wondering if there was any way I could use this in my copy of Project M?

I looked around on the folder directories, and it seems like PM doesn't utilize brsar in the first place, so is there anything I can do to replace the current sound effects of my characters?

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
Aah, .brsar's. I remember when we had to use those. xP

Well, you'll find that fiddling with them anymore is quite impossible, because P:M uses separate .sawnd files with the Replacement Soundbank Engine (RSBE) to save space from those bulky .brsars!

All you've gotta do is download Super Sawndz:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zn9z8s0p9i8fyaw/Super Sawndz RSBE.zip

And open your .brsar with it. Then, highlight the group of sfx you want, and click "Create sawnd". You might have to do this more than once if the .sawnd comes out bigger than it should be.

After that, just drag it into the "sfx" folder on P:M, and you're all set!

Last edited:

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
Ah, thanks a bunch! You've been very helpful. =)

I guess, sometimes, online tutorials just don't cut it anymore. Some get outdated and whatnot. =P

Well...while I'm here, might I ask something related to in-game model sizes? Totally unrelated, I know, but I've imported a character skin that's a little too tall in comparison to everyone else, and I'd like to use the skin, while keeping the visual hitboxes similar to vanilla P:M.

Is there any way I can reduce the overall size of a character, perhaps with BrawlBox or some other method?

I've been searching around on my own now, and have only come across tutorials from like...back in 2009-2010. I'm pretty sure we've progressed since then.

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
Ah, sorry to bother you once again, but I have another question.

I pretty much did what you suggested, and made sawnd files from the custom brsar of the character whose sfx I replaced, and I placed the sawnd file in the P:M sfx folder and named it 269 (which is the ID for Ike's voice sfx, I think?)

This method didn't quite work, and it just plays his normal voice sfx. Did I maybe rename the sawnd incorrectly? Or maybe the file size is too big? The new sawnd is around 456kb.

Sorry to be a bother again...

2DaMax

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5086-2280-9010
Heeey, it's no trouble at all! I enjoy helping out whenever I can. :3

Now a couple things go into using Super Sawndz. Remember you can click the + in any group to preview the sfx that are in them. Also, I forgot to mention that you have to put the group ID, which is on the top right, as the name of the .sawnd file. Sorry about that. ^^;

So basically, if you want to use Ike's sfx, you select the Ike group, which is ID 39. Then click "Create Sawnd", and name it 39. 269 is for background sounds of All-Star mode. xP

That should fix your problem. Just remember to look at the IDs, and preview sounds if need be, and you're all set!

As for your other question, eh...I'd have to ask someone more educated in models about that one. I'm mainly affiliated with sfx and music, you see~

HalcyonDays

Smash Apprentice
Hey, thanks again, it now works like a charm!

It turned out that my main problems were exporting the wrong group as a sawnd (I exported just Ike's Voice SFX instead of the entire group like I should've done) and getting the ID incorrect, but thanks for walking me through it. =)

Top Bottom